Harmony of the Seas - Kinda-LIVE - May 27th 2017 Western Caribbean

We didn't head to the MDR, so I can't speak for that, but I wanted to touch on a Formal Night for a moment. We are in Coastal Kitchen and then walked around the ship to various decks, before the show. We saw maybe five or six people in true formal attire (Tuxedo and gown), many people in semi formal (sport coats and cocktail dresses) and many who didn't dress any differently than the previous evening. I wore this long dress, and Mike wore a grey suit for dinner (no tie), but ditched the jacket after we ate and attended the show in his long sleeve button down shirt. We didn't feel over or underdressed, so I'd consider that a success. ;) Next formal night I need to remember to have someone take a photo of the three of us together! 9b8ac24d57f8e5ce03b0313870c2d0b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me if they have a kid's menu in the Coastal Kitchen?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do! I'll snap a photo of it tomorrow for you. It seems to be the same every night, but they are happy to stray from it of your kids have other requests. There are three appetiser choices (salad, chips and guacamole or veggies and ranch) then three entree choices (pasta with a mushroom cream sauce, grilled chicken, cheese pizza) and several dessert options including a fruit plate, ice cream, creme brulee and cheesecake.

Sophie has had pasta both nights so far, but requested marinara sauce, which they were more than happy to do for her.

One more picture from The Fine Line. Tomorrow is Labadee! Sophie and I will be hanging out on Barefoot Beach. Mike will be trying out the Dragons Breath Flightline! Goodnight all. 4f8d9f5c639c999f3aca7943bd290038.jpg

Good morning! Pulling in to Labadee now! Looks like it will be a beautiful day. We have room service breakfast ordered, so we can get ready, eat and then head out. Mike's zip line reservation meets at 9:15am. Look at the stunning landscape of the island. b219eecac5312119506d7116f178a9b8.jpg

Yes. It's a bummer because the purple one isn't very fast. My daughter is about 39.5" and would have loved that one.

I'm going to let the staff monitoring the height requirements explain that to my little one.

Good luck telling her no.

Me thinks they'll get out the whiteout in a hurry.....

Labadee was wonderful! Mike had a blast on the zip line, and we all enjoyed the beach! Barefoot Beach suite area is wonderful. We got front row loungers in the shade, floating mats and towels from the attendants. They are fantastic, and check in regularly incase you need anything. The water at this beach is almost perfectly calm (unless a boat goes by) so we were able to float in position and enjoy. Temp was near 90 and the water was a perfect way to cool off. The view of the ship from here was spectacular. 53716963843c581566c87fd52298fc56.jpg

We got a Pineapple drink to share. $8 for the non alcoholic and $12 if you got rum. It was hollowed out and filled with Pina Colada. Yum! Nice treat to cool down. They also had coconuts that could have run added to the fresh coconut water. The buffet was pretty good, nothing incredible. Watch out for "sugar ants". They had taken to the sweet rolls so we avoided those! 5865d60eb361a8cc0fcfbaaa83d3b838.jpg

View from our chairs. If you want a great water view, and plan on getting a cabana, make sure you get one of the higher tier ones. The lowest priced cabanas were back behind all the beach chairs, and many of them didn't have a water view. The over water cabanas had the best views, as well as access directly to the water. There were also some cabanas beach front. Get there early for the best choice. Here is the view from our chairs. e3519d3c7d0855a46c11668f004220f0.jpg

Beautiful clear water. This spot was just past the overwater cabanas. There was nobody else swimming out this way, so very peaceful! 2731185775d615b6d4246be767934a4f.jpg

Posted a bunch! And here are the signs for you. :) The slide rules are pictured in one of the other pics too. a0f1ec71e0d56d0f620ed69b60ce9dc3.jpg

Thank you for these! And you answered the all important question, "how tall does he need to be?"

Have a great trip!

We mentioned to the concierge that we would like to try Wonderland one night. He knows that we like to eat earlier, around 6-6:30pm. Today he came to find me on the beach to let me know we had a reservation tonight at 6:30pm. The suite service level is exceptional and is winning me over day by day. I see why people love the suites so much. I'd come back for the service alone. Anyhow, we are super excited to have a date night tonight and Sophie is excited for Adventure Ocean again!

We mentioned to the concierge that we would like to try Wonderland one night. He knows that we like to eat earlier, around 6-6:30pm. Today he came to find me on the beach to let me know we had a reservation tonight at 6:30pm. The suite service level is exceptional and is winning me over day by day. I see why people love the suites so much. I'd come back for the service alone. Anyhow, we are super excited to have a date night tonight and Sophie is excited for Adventure Ocean again!

That is awesome service!

Please ask if they are still doing just desserts and wonderland? We will be getting on right after you come back.

did they get rid of the umbrella's (like on Oasis and Allure) at the beach entry pool???

I haven't seen any! :(

View from our chairs. If you want a great water view, and plan on getting a cabana, make sure you get one of the higher tier ones. The lowest priced cabanas were back behind all the beach chairs, and many of them didn't have a water view. The over water cabanas had the best views, as well as access directly to the water. There were also some cabanas beach front. Get there early for the best choice. Here is the view from our chairs. e3519d3c7d0855a46c11668f004220f0.jpg

Great review! I love seeing the Coastal Kitchen pictures and info. We have a GS (but on the Oasis, Western Caribbean) in about 6 weeks. Can't wait! So, is this picture from your chairs at the beach in the Suite area? I wasn't thinking of getting a cabana, but wondered about the chance of getting good chairs. Were the floats/rafts you got the ones you have to pay for? Thanks for taking the time to review!

Great review! I love seeing the Coastal Kitchen pictures and info. We have a GS (but on the Oasis, Western Caribbean) in about 6 weeks. Can't wait! So, is this picture from your chairs at the beach in the Suite area? I wasn't thinking of getting a cabana, but wondered about the chance of getting good chairs. Were the floats/rafts you got the ones you have to pay for? Thanks for taking the time to review!

Yes the chairs were right at the front. If you get there early, you won't need a cabana unless you reallllllly want one. We got there at 9:15am and there were plenty of great chairs available. No charge for the floating mats. Just ask the attendants to grab one for you when you arrive.

Ordered a drink from the Bionic Bar. Yes, there is a service charge, for those wondering. One cool thing I liked was the FACTS shown on the screens on each side as your drink is being prepared. For example, the drink most frequently ordered by guests on this sailing aged 80+ is Sex on the Beach. [emoji38] Super neat. I guess it tracks demographics as you scan your seapass card. 5e072d019df3ad9d82ee5c38edf1c434.jpg