Best Pride of America Excursions

zerooveride

We are on the upcoming 4/28 cruise. Here is our basic itin.

We are in Maui for 4 days prior and are doing:

Whale Watching with Ultimate Whale Watch

Sunrise bike down Haleakala with Bike Maui

Fly to Honolulu for 2 days

See Pearl Harbor - Arizona and Missouri

On Cruise

Maui - Renting a car and driving Road to Hana on our own

Hilo - Circle of Fire Helicopter

Kona - Zodiac Snorkel Dolphin

Kauai - Private Surf Lesson with TBD

Kauai - Mokihana Helicopter

I'll report back and tell you all how they were.

Question about the Director's Cut tour on Kauai - where does this stop at and specifically did this stop at Waimea Canyon? We are thinking of doing it the 2nd day so we'd be sure to get back on time. We're renting a car the day before, and didn't want to hit the same places twice if possible!

We're sailing POA Sept 1 and this would actually be our only NCL excursion (so far). Renting a car in Maui for Ka'anapali beach, OLL, part of RTH, Mama's Fish House etc., then Mary Lou both days on the big island 😁

W

We LOVED that tour -it was well done -and so interesting to see the places movies were made & some great behind the scenes info! Our guide was well versed and very entertaining.

Question about the Director's Cut tour on Kauai - where does this stop at and specifically did this stop at Waimea Canyon? We are thinking of doing it the 2nd day so we'd be sure to get back on time. We're renting a car the day before, and didn't want to hit the same places twice if possible!

We're sailing POA Sept 1 and this would actually be our only NCL excursion (so far). Renting a car in Maui for Ka'anapali beach, OLL, part of RTH, Mama's Fish House etc., then Mary Lou both days on the big island 😁

I don't remember all the stops but the tour went in the direction of Princeville and Hanalei. This is the opposite direction of the canyon. We thought the tour was just ok but this might have been influenced by the weather - a rainy day. We drove on our own to the canyon and checked out some beaches that were also in the area. The weather was good and we enjoyed the area.

W

We LOVED that tour -it was well done -and so interesting to see the places movies were made & some great behind the scenes info! Our guide was well versed and very entertaining.

That's good to hear! It's the one tour that really interests me - thanks for the info!

I don't remember all the stops but the tour went in the direction of Princeville and Hanalei. This is the opposite direction of the canyon. We thought the tour was just ok but this might have been influenced by the weather - a rainy day. We drove on our own to the canyon and checked out some beaches that were also in the area. The weather was good and we enjoyed the area.

Thanks for the location info! Exactly what I was wanting to know - and thanks for your responses on my other post too! These boards are making our planning so much easier!🙂

That's good to hear! It's the one tour that really interests me - thanks for the info!

Thanks for the location info! Exactly what I was wanting to know - and thanks for your responses on my other post too! These boards are making our planning so much easier!🙂

We loved touring with Mary Lou. She's very personable and we did things you wouldn't do with a bigger tour bus.

We loved touring with Mary Lou. She's very personable and we did things you wouldn't do with a bigger tour bus.

We're really looking forward to those 2 days! We are scheduled for a private tour with Mary Lou (and the couple we are traveling with) for Hilo as it's our 25th anniversary that day. The second day we booked the public tour, but even that would only be 2 or so more people from what I understand. I wanted to go to VNP, a black sand beach, banyan trees and maybe a waterfall and I couldn't find an excursion with all of that. I'm so glad we got Mary Lou's tours booked!

yes, the director's cut has a stop with a view of Wailua falls. It is just a photo op I thought it sounded like a neat tour, but I found myself frustrated as we drove to beautiful sites, watched 15 min of clips and had 5-10 min for pics. Would I do it again, prob not...but then again, I have a gorgeous photo I am hanging in my living room of Hanalei bay that I took on the tour...so maybe it was worth it...

Pam and I also highly recommend Roberts Hawai’i for their excursions. You can go on their website and enter your cruise dates to get a full listing of what they offer. They have multi island discount packages as well.

The Roberts tour buses pick up right at port in the same area as the NCL sponsored excursions. The Roberts buses are just as nice if not nicer than the NCL sponsored ones. For many of the tours you will be stopping in the same locations but will be saving lots of money compared to the comparable NCL excursion.

We did this on our POA Cruise last year and chose one tour from Roberts at each port. We also rented cars for one day each on Kauai and Maui. Our highlights that we saw on our own were the Koloa Rum Factory and the Road to Hana.

yes, the director's cut has a stop with a view of Wailua falls. It is just a photo op I thought it sounded like a neat tour, but I found myself frustrated as we drove to beautiful sites, watched 15 min of clips and had 5-10 min for pics. Would I do it again, prob not...but then again, I have a gorgeous photo I am hanging in my living room of Hanalei bay that I took on the tour...so maybe it was worth it...

Thanks for the info! Good to know about the photo ops lol. I'm not usually big on tours but this one sounds different than most.

• 2 months later...