Can't take books out of the library?

kac0426

Has anyone seen the new plans for the Crow's Nest area? Alas, there will be NO library, only a small reference section of travel books. The library is being replaced by interactive tables and the excursions crew.

I too love a good library and am sad, disappointed about this change. Guess I will be forced to invest in a kindle, though I do love the feel of a book in my hands. Call me old-fashioned.

Has anyone seen the new plans for the Crow's Nest area? Alas, there will be NO library, only a small reference section of travel books. The library is being replaced by interactive tables and the excursions crew.

I too love a good library and am sad, disappointed about this change. Guess I will be forced to invest in a kindle, though I do love the feel of a book in my hands. Call me old-fashioned.

I'm with you. I have about a dozen books I downloaded for a cruise in 2014 and I haven't read any of them. Give me a "real" book.

Just in case it helps....I don't think you will see the libraries disappear (I hope) on the S & R ships and the Prinsendam (which has a fantasitci library).

Their libraries are not in the Crow's Nest. They have their own spot so hopefully Orlando leaves those alone ;)

Count me in as another book lover. I just can't enjoy reading e-books; they don't give me the same vibe as reading the real thing. Then again, I'm pretty biased: I have a Library Science degree and can't find a decent library job. I would jump at the chance to run HAL's libraries (Amsterdam, here I come!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree wholeheartedly. While we have e-readers (not Kindle) and enjoy them aboard ship, we take greater pleasure in wandering through a good library, discovering different authors. I understand why some posters are loyal to their Kindles, but I do not understand why it is difficult to understand why others do not find that one equates to the other.

Enjoy your Kindles, but do not lecture the rest of us who still enjoy an actual library. And, by the way, the rest of us is apparently a very large number according to some of the ships' staff. The loss of a library is a complaint frequently reported, according to several posts on this forum.