Running on ports day

We will be going a a celebrity Mediterranean cruise july 31 to august 11 and I would like to run in the morning when we get to our port cities (Rome. LaSpezia, Nice, Malaga Gibraltar Ibiza) is there organized running groups with Celebrity cruise on Port day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 11 months later...

In my years of cruising, and the shorter years of running, I've never seen a regular running group from any ship. There are a handful of running oriented cruises, but for sure not on a regular basis.

When we ran in every port, we were almost the only ones who were running at the port. (which we used to be tourists as well as getting a run in)

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to Cozumel. I would love to get off and run at the port. It would be a cool map to add to my Strava. Anyone know if this is possible and safe to do?

We think it's safe. We always run from the RCI port into town (about 2 miles) and then a further two miles past town, along a nice bike/walking path. Two miles back to town and stop for lunch and some looking around. Then walk back to the ship.

Just stay along the water.

We think it's safe. We always run from the RCI port into town (about 2 miles) and then a further two miles past town, along a nice bike/walking path. Two miles back to town and stop for lunch and some looking around. Then walk back to the ship.

Gosh, that sounds fantastic! Thank you for the advice.

• 1 year later...
On 5/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, alfaeric said:

Has anyone run in Puerta Vallarta? Hoping to get a 6 miler in but I'm not at all familiar with the area. Will be on the Princess Royal in February.

Thanks!

Be flexible with your running plan.  A few years ago we went to Half Moon Cay and thought that would be our long run day since they were to have nice paths, but we didn't get off the ship until almost 10:00 and the heat index was over 100F so we didn't risk it.