Montego Bay, Georgetown G.C., Cozumel beach excursion with 4 yr old

weurf3

I need to find a beach with water access and ideally an umbrella for some shade. Short walk or chartered bus from port, not taking a cab sans car seat. He equates the beach with this trip.

Any other excursions, things to do he may enjoy in these ports? Thanks

We just did this itinerary. Carnival definitely had some options for bus excursions in Grand Cayman. They added a beach excursion the day of Cozumel. We took our five-year old to the turtle farm on an excursion at Grand Cayman, which has a nice lagoon for swimming, snorkeling with the turtles, and a water slide. In Cozumel, we did the glass-bottom boat as that's what he wanted rather than the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. I'm taking my 7 and 12 year olds July 9th on the Breeze. I'm thinking turtle farm in GC. Passion Island in Cozumel. And Doctors Cave beach Jamaica. All pretty cheap.

Edited by Drrandall
Spelling

In Grand Cayman we went to the Sea Turtle Farm. If you're looking beyond the beach it was surely family friendly & a nice trip for a 4 year old. I went with an 11 year old & a 7 year old.

I'm in the same boat. I'm taking my 7 and 12 year olds July 9th on the Breeze. I'm thinking turtle farm in GC. Passion Island in Cozumel. And Doctors Cave beach Jamaica. All pretty cheap.

I had a 7 & an 11 & they loved the sea turtle farm & Passion Island. For Jamaica we did the falls but from Oco Rios.

IN GC, the bus is $2.50 pp to head to 7 Mile Beach...there are chair/umbrella rentals all along the beach...the Seagrape area also has food/drink, nice restrooms, and watersport rentals..and a playground close by. Easy, easy short walk to the road, where the buses stop!

I need to find a beach with water access and ideally an umbrella for some shade. Short walk or chartered bus from port, not taking a cab sans car seat.

We did the same itinerary in January. The "not taking a cab sans car seat" is going to be a problem. We did Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, Seagrape Beach in GC and Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. All three required a ride in a "cab", which is really a minivan that they pack to the gills. We liked all three of these areas, though Doctor's Cave was the best, IMHO. Plenty of space, unlike the other two. Waiters to bring you food and drinks in Jamaica and Mr. Sanchos, not in GC. GC was very crowded. Mr Sanchos was crowded, but not like Seagrape. No beachs close to the tender port in GC nor the port in Jamaica. Really nothing around the port in Jamaica. Lots of shopping at the tender port in GC and right at the port in Cozumel.