Can you get SnapChat on the Carnival Ecstasy?

Mimi Q

Carnival’s Internet plans include:

Social ($5 USD per day)* – Offers access to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and popular airline websites. Note: Plan does not include in-app calling, Facetime, Snapchat, iMessage or access to any other sites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day)* – Provides access to a wide variety of sites and apps, including social media, e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and more. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming services such as Spotify.

Premium ($25 USD per day)* – Promises the fastest possible connection and includes access to all websites and apps, including some streaming video services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to come off as sounding preachy, because I have 2 teenagers with snapchat streaks also but when we sailed last, I told them I wasn't going to pay extra for the premium Internet, we just did the social plan, and of course they were not too thrilled with this prospect leading up to the cruise, but then something magical happened and they saw that life does go on if you lose a snap chat streak, and it made them see maybe just a little what really is important in life. They even admitted this to me that it ended up not being that big of a deal.

We had so much fun just being together when most of the time when they are home they are on their phones.

The kids today get so wrapped up in their phones and don't even know that there is a whole life going on around them.

Maybe it won't be so bad if they do wind up losing their streaks. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't want to come off as sounding preachy, because I have 2 teenagers with snapchat streaks also but when we sailed last, I told them I wasn't going to pay extra for the premium Internet, we just did the social plan, and of course they were not too thrilled with this prospect leading up to the cruise, but then something magical happened and they saw that life does go on if you lose a snap chat streak, and it made them see maybe just a little what really is important in life. They even admitted this to me that it ended up not being that big of a deal.

We had so much fun just being together when most of the time when they are home they are on their phones.

The kids today get so wrapped up in their phones and don't even know that there is a whole life going on around them.

Maybe it won't be so bad if they do wind up losing their streaks. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will not be on the cruise with her. We often communicate via SnapChat. I want to see pictures while she is on the ship and be able to "talk" with her. It's not "just" about streaks.

I'm confused about social package not including snapchat. This is from the carnival funshop website: Is it only that way on certain ships?

SOCIAL WI-FI PLAN

$4.29 / DAY

Access the most popular social websites and applications. Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Does not include access to most other websites or apps.

Well, we sail on the Victory on Monday, so I'll be sure to come back and let you all know if it worked for us! We plan on getting the social package. It's a cheap and easy way for our cat sitter to contact us, if needed :) Happy Cruising!

My son has been able to use snap chat on the social plan, it is just slow. I am able to load pics up to FB with very little issue. We have noticed on the last several cruises that the Internet speed becomes increasingly slower toward the end of the cruise and the last day it has be almost non existent. I think it has a lot to do with people waiting until that time to purchase access. This has happened with both the social and the premium plans we purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Officially Snapchat is not included on the social plan. If it works you are lucky. I think carnival might have put the exclusion do to it being mostly media/photos and the slow connection. That way passengers don't complain saying Snapchat is a social app.

Directly from the Carnival Funshops website:

Item # SRA

SOCIAL WI-FI PLAN

$4.29 / DAY

Access the most popular social websites and applications. Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Does not include access to most other websites or apps.

ADD TO CART

the social plan is NOT the internet. Do you need internet for Snapchat? If you plan on trying to download pictures, think AOL dial up

Technically, it is "the internet". How do you think those sites work? Magic?

My teenager doesn't want to lose her streaks while she is on the cruise next week. I have called Carnival twice today and can't get a straight answer.

I haven't sailed on the Ecstasy, but I was on the Vista 05/06/17 and we were able to access SnapChat via the Social Media Plan. It wasn't the fastest, but it was still pretty good.