Seward hotel recommendations

little britain

I like the Breeze Inn. We stayed there 2 nights in 2015, and I have it booked again for this August. Can't remember what I paid for the first time, but my room for 2 nights for this year is $375.18, total, but I booked a long time ago.

We have rooms reserved at Breeze Inn for June 2018. The price is $229/night for harbor view with AC. Seemed to have good reviews and the location works well for us, since we won't have a car. They were great on the phone.

Booking lodging has been the most challenging part of planning for our DIY land excursion after our cruise. Prices often seem quite high for what one is getting (prices ~ $300 a night for a 2 or 3 star hotel). Also, some of the places are small and don't use the booking sites so you have to call them to find availability and price. We have sometimes had to call several to find ones that had availability. The small places sometimes have better prices.

I booked rooms in the Saltwater Lodge in Seward for just under $200 ($220 with taxes) each. I hope we like it, the reviews were generally good. It is by the small boat harbor.

I'm at the Harbor View Inn right this second. It's a nice place but not lavish - better than bare bones though. EXTREMELY CLEAN. The lady at the front desk was very nice and check-in was hassle free. The rate for one night, two queen beds, was $169.16 total. This place is about midway between downtown and the boat harbor. I'd definitely stay here again.

will you have a car or do you need to stay in town?

The town web site has a large listing of hotels. cabins, lodges, and B&b's. If you don't have car, use the map listing to drill down on locations near the harbor ( the 'downtown area' near the Sealife Center is about 1 1/2 miles away, $7 cab).

The Bears Den and Sunshine House B&B's are within walking distance of the harbor.

I would recommend the Hotel Seward.

There is an old section of the hotel (lower price) and a new section (higher price), but overall the entire

hotel has a vintage feel to it and adds to the Alaska experience.

I stayed there in the summer of 2015 and will be returning in Sept 2018.