Souvenirs

I posted this on the Baltic board but I thought that this one would get more traffic.

I saw on another post that woolen items had excellent prices in Estonia. Anything else I should look for, besides the Russian nesting dolls? I have a 5 y/o granddaughter and would love to get her a Dutch hat and a sweater.

Any suggestions?

Sue

HI Sue! I was able to pick up some nice Christmas ornaments as well as a couple oven mittens. There were some beautiful pieces of table linen that was hand embroidered. Just don't do like any of my friends and bring home a souvenir that comes out 9 months later! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!//Maria

Yup. In Talinn as you head up the main street there are flower shops on the left. To the right there is an alley with about a dozen locals selling handmade linen, tatting and scarves. Very nice scarf in the $5 range, doilies for $2-3. Although the shops in town are pretty good as well. We did a bunch of Christmas shopping in that town.

In St Petersburg there are a lot of vendors around the Church on Spilled Blood. Nesting dolls around 3 for $5 for low-end ones. The terminal had a shop with high-end ($200+) that was cheaper than most places. Copenhagen has a huge shopping street, although most of the clothing is for locals. A few smaller shops off to the side and some nice ones near the Little Mermaid (which is REALLY little).

HI Sue! I was able to pick up some nice Christmas ornaments as well as a couple oven mittens. There were some beautiful pieces of table linen that was hand embroidered. Just don't do like any of my friends and bring home a souvenir that comes out 9 months later! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!//Maria

I do try to get an ornament from each country I visit. As far as the other "souvenir", I am traveling with 1.) a female friend, 2.) My next birthday will be my 71st, so am safe anyway. ;)

Just got back from a Baltic cruise - my mother and I got amber jewelry (we actually got it from ship, as I didn't really trust the shops in St. Petersburg). There are lots of options in Tallinn, both in the old town and the market right at the cruise port.