Drink Options on VIking

LighthouseLover

What are the choices for the included wine on Viking? We're looking at the Prague-Paris itinerary and will be traveling with friends. One friend only likes sweeter wine, like Riesling. Are there many choices in the included wine with dinner? Or is it just a choice between red or white table wine?

Also, if we buy wine in town, can we bring it back and have it with dinner?

We're new to river cruising and I read the stickies but didn't see this covered.

All river cruises offer one red and one white wine. They are both typically dry wines. However, Viking does have a menu of wines you can order by the glass or bottle for additional charge and they also offer a beverage package you can buy. I know that Viking does allow you to bring wine onboard to consume in your cabin but as to the rest of your question, I don't know. Someone who does will surely be along to answer shortly.

What are the choices for the included wine on Viking? We're looking at the Prague-Paris itinerary and will be traveling with friends. One friend only likes sweeter wine, like Riesling. Are there many choices in the included wine with dinner? Or is it just a choice between red or white table wine?

Also, if we buy wine in town, can we bring it back and have it with dinner?

We're new to river cruising and I read the stickies but didn't see this covered.

Yes, and there is no corkage fee. We visited a winery in Germany with Viking and so many people bought wine that Viking had everyone's purchases taken back to the ship so we wouldn't have to carry the bottles around with us. They encourage shopping at the local establishments.

I am not positive but I'm pretty sure when we were on Viking last year for the Romantic Danube, that there was more than a single white option...I feel like someone we dined with one evening requested a non-dry white. Of course, YMMV but as the PP said, you can always bring wine purchased ashore onboard to drink. We did that as I am a big Gruner Vetliner fan but got to the dining room and discovered that was the complementary white so ended up bringing ours home. In fact, that reminds me one of them is in the cooler....think I will open to have on this beautiful sunday afternoon....thanks for the reminder!

We were on the Grand European and there were a few night where Rieslings were offered; I am not a fan of sweet wines but I drank it as a nod to my ancestors from the area.

Our friends bought several bottles of wine throughout the trip, which we drank on the sundeck or lounge.

We were on the Grand European and there were a few night where Rieslings were offered; I am not a fan of sweet wines but I drank it as a nod to my ancestors from the area.

Our friends bought several bottles of wine throughout the trip, which we drank on the sundeck or lounge.

For your future information, there are many dry and off-dry Rieslings. You can usually get that instead if you don't want a sweet wine.

http://morrellwinebar.com/kabinett-spatlese-auslese-what-does-it-all-mean-german-riesling-101/

Yes, and there is no corkage fee. We visited a winery in Germany with Viking and so many people bought wine that Viking had everyone's purchases taken back to the ship so we wouldn't have to carry the bottles around with us. They encourage shopping at the local establishments.

It's a beautiful thing. Thanks for the info.

I am not positive but I'm pretty sure when we were on Viking last year for the Romantic Danube, that there was more than a single white option...I feel like someone we dined with one evening requested a non-dry white. Of course, YMMV but as the PP said, you can always bring wine purchased ashore onboard to drink. We did that as I am a big Gruner Vetliner fan but got to the dining room and discovered that was the complementary white so ended up bringing ours home. In fact, that reminds me one of them is in the cooler....think I will open to have on this beautiful sunday afternoon....thanks for the reminder!

Glad I could help. :) Enjoy.