Dawn Bridge Tours..? ?

Jackk

Am wondering if bridge tours are still being offered on the Dawn..?? The couple traveling with us have never visited one on a large ship such as this. Any feedback will be appreciated... Jack

The official line is "no bridge tours for security reasons."

We went ahead and wrote a letter to the captain asking for a bridge tour. We dropped the letter off at the purser's desk on day 2 of the cruise. On day 4 we found a letter waiting for us at our room inviting us on a tour of the bridge on the Caribbean Princess.

The bridge tour was a highlight of our trip. The staff on duty gave us as much time as we wanted (we were on the bridge for nearly an hour) and they answered every question we put to them.

We also wrote a letter addressed to the Captain and dropped it at the Purser's desk on the 2nd day of the cruise asking if it was possible to do a bridge tour. The next day we received a letter back saying it was not. This was for the 21 September cruise from SF. Maybe they do some but we were not lucky enough. We were very disappointed.

We did the exact same thing as the previous posters did. Wrote a letter addressed to Capt. presented it to pursers desk and about 3 days later were invited along with people who were celebrating anniversaries. What an experience. This by the way was on the Coral Princess. All I can tell you is give it a try. You just never know.

Marilyn

We tried to get a bridge tour on the Dawn last year..no luck. It was suggested that we contact the CD by some folks a trip prior to us who were successful.

We will try this year but go via the Pursers desk with a letter addressed to the captain I would assume...:rolleyes:

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
We also wrote a letter addressed to the Captain and dropped it at the Purser's desk on the 2nd day of the cruise asking if it was possible to do a bridge tour. The next day we received a letter back saying it was not. This was for the 21 September cruise from SF. Maybe they do some but we were not lucky enough. We were very disappointed.

I'd like to write a letter before we sail requesting a tour of the bridge--assuming I can learn the name of the captain. What is the proper salutation: Dear Captain _____? Also, if you have a sample letter that successfully gained you a tour of the bridge I'd be most appreciative if you would share it.

Many Thanks,

David

Odell; My DH and I toured the bridge on the Coral and this is what we did and wrote. We did not know the Captain's name but we addressed the envelope to "Captain" and gave it to the pursers desk after we got on board. This is what he said or if you have any other wording you prefer it is totally up to you.

Dear Captain:

My wife and I are very interested in all aspects of the ship and would be most appreciative of being considered for inclusion in a tour of the bridge.

Thank you for your consideration

Sign name and put cabin #

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Since 9/11 there are no longer “open” tours of the bridge for anyone who wants to go. I believe there are still “VIP” tours of the bridge, so it would be possible to get hooked up with one of those. I think the letter to the Captain is the best way to go, but I think whether or not you’re successful probably depends on the Captain.

A very pale alternative is to buy the DVD (or watch it on in-cabin TV when broadcast) that is offered as a record of the cruise. There is stock footage included which details the bridge, engine and control rooms and other operation areas of the ship.

We were recently on the Sea Princess in a full suite and were invited to the Bridge for a tour because of this. In talking to some others my understanding is that they have only a privete VIP tour -- they start with suite passengers and then have other criteria and then if room for those that ask. The tour was one of the high points of an almost perfect cruise ( my latte was warm one day instaed of hot :D )

Archived