iconcierge app

LynnTTT

I've read about the app and just have a few questions for those who have used it.

I understand the charge to use the app is $ 7.95 but the download is free? Is it charged to your account?

The service doesn't start till you board the ship?

We'll certainly use it to make reservations, etc. Did this work well? Were you blocked for any reason (I anticipate everyone trying to make bookings the afternoon of the first day, rather than going to join the long line at the desk!)

I'm most interested in using the app to make a few calls home to the US. The details say there is a "nominal" charge; we'll be on a transatlantic crossing . Has anyone used the phone app to make this kind of call. What was the charge?

Can't wait for this trip!!

The download is free. Many parts of the app are free. Download before you get on the ship. You only have to pay if you want to use to messaging/talk part of the app. To make reservations and look at menus is free.

The charge to call home through the app is $.79/minute. We have done this. The connection was really bad, and we had to redial 4 or 5 times. We only used it because it was an emergency, and I'd only recommend it in the event of an emergency. (In our case, our smoke alarms in our house were going off.) The person receiving the call needs to understand that the call will not be coming from your phone number, but from an unrecognizable number since you are calling through the app and not with your phone itself.

You can download the app at home for free. Once you get the ship it can connect to your booking and you can make reservations. I did not make any reservations using the app so can't comment on that. We did pay a $9.95 per phone upcharge (charged to your on board account only) to access the messaging features. It worked well for the most part. As you walk around the ship the wifi will connect and disconnect. It occurs for short periods of time and really doesn't cause you any problems - except for one person in my party (of 3) her phone did not always connect again after a disconnect. No idea why - she was in a balcony cabin, maybe it works less well while on the balconies. We all had the same phones. But once you disconnect, then obviously you won't get any messages so we had a couple issues with that. But once she logged back in the messages would go through. And on the sender end, I could tell when the messages didn't go through so just knocked on her door or called her room to get her.