Any luck on low bidding for upgrades?

tbtma

Just wondering how much success anyone may have had on bidding for an upgraded Haven cabin ? We put a bid in , almost for the lowest amount possible. Not expecting it to be accepted, just wondering if any " low bidders " had any success ?

Bonnie

Just wondering how much success anyone may have had on bidding for an upgraded Haven cabin ? We put a bid in , almost for the lowest amount possible. Not expecting it to be accepted, just wondering if any " low bidders " had any success ?

Bonnie

Although you will hear success stories here and there, it really seems to me that most of the upgrading is from insides and ocean views to balconies. The Haven tends to sell out and sail full on almost every cruise.

I would agree. If you look at suites available in general and havens in particular, there are not many available once you get under 60 days.

Sure, there will be some people getting the lower bid amount. But, that is less of an issue with NCL and more related to how many others are bidding. If the cost was $800 for example and everyone was bidding $800, and only ONE person bid $820 - guess who gets it?

Again, very few suites to bid for.

There is an active thread on upgrade bidding. You can find some stories there.

If 3 people bid $800 for the one opening, how do they decide who gets the room? Do higher Latitude members get preference?

I think it has to do with what type cabin the three people bidding $800 are in and how the bids for those cabins are going.

I think it has to do with what type cabin the three people bidding $800 are in and how the bids for those cabins are going.

If they are trying to open up a certain type of category because they can still sell them (or are oversold already), they they would lean towards upgrading those folks to solve a "problem".

But, with all things being equal the answer is easy - the bid that gets them the most money. They probably do not care what you already paid, when you paid, what level you are or who you voted for. Money is money.

There is always a chance as some folks on here have told stories of getting upgrades relatively cheap. I am sailing in the Haven on the Escape in 54 days and there are still 26 Haven suites remaining. The prices have dropped slightly but it doesn't look like there is a high demand for that cruise due to it being during hurricane season.