NCL Alaska complete confusion - Is it Sun or Jewel 2018 from Vancouver/Seward?

Daffodil92

i spent almost 2 hours on the phone this morning and I am still not clear on what's happening to the April 19th 9 Day Alaska cruise out of Seattle.

One rep told me its completely canceled and my TA got an email explaining my options but basically its canceled and I can move to the Pearl's April 29th sailing (7 day not 9 day) for the same price. She also said my TA would need to call and make the changes and we only have until the 19th to accept the offered alternative.

TA called, was told emails will be sent out tomorrow but we will just be moved from the SUN to a different ship she didnt know if it would be the Pearl or the Jewel. BOTH have cruises going during the dates of the cruise I am booked on. So I am guessing its more likely my cruise has been completely scrubbed and I have to take the Pearl cruise on April 29th or change everything.

I'm really annoyed because I choose a 9 day cruise with an extra port, if it has been canceled I will only have the option of a 7 day cruise for the same price

Bliss is going to take the Jewel's spot in AK, Jewel will take the Sun and the Sun is going to join the Sky in Cuba.

Right.

However, there is not a one-to-one switch of currently (or "recently published", as it is changing fast) scheduled itineraries, or even dates.

That is the problem, plus, of course, the way the ships are being substituted, there isn't a good one-to-one switch for all cabins and suites.

i spent almost 2 hours on the phone this morning and I am still not clear on what's happening to the April 19th 9 Day Alaska cruise out of Seattle.

One rep told me its completely canceled and my TA got an email explaining my options but basically its canceled and I can move to the Pearl's April 29th sailing (7 day not 9 day) for the same price. She also said my TA would need to call and make the changes and we only have until the 19th to accept the offered alternative.

TA called, was told emails will be sent out tomorrow but we will just be moved from the SUN to a different ship she didnt know if it would be the Pearl or the Jewel. BOTH have cruises going during the dates of the cruise I am booked on. So I am guessing its more likely my cruise has been completely scrubbed and I have to take the Pearl cruise on April 29th or change everything.

I'm really annoyed because I choose a 9 day cruise with an extra port, if it has been canceled I will only have the option of a 7 day cruise for the same price

Maybe they will move you to the May 26, 9 night sailing and hold pricing for you? Couldn't hurt to ask if the dates work for you.

Maybe they will move you to the May 26, 9 night sailing and hold pricing for you? Couldn't hurt to ask if the dates work for you.

I wondered about that but the dates do not work for us. My daughter graduates June 2nd so i have to be home for that

I am booked on the "sun" 7/26 Land/ sea 12 day tour southbound.

Ok so now it's the Jewel..... no worries.... lil better amenities.

So I finally call to get my rooms yesterday. I changed my deck to 2 decks above lifeboats which is higher on Jewel. I wanted a lil higher than where they put me... But to there credit same port side aft location....

However my mom OV room was moved to starboard.

I'm sorry we are on a 1 way Alaskan cruise booked well over a year in advance...

So I managed to get last port side OV in aft location.

However I look today and I see my fate is higher and he nobody mention that which pisses me off.

So people call and make sure your cabins are where u want it.

Kerri

I wondered about that but the dates do not work for us. My daughter graduates June 2nd so i have to be home for that

Oh, that is too bad! We have a nice roll call going and you could have joined right in.....

I am booked on the "sun" 7/26 Land/ sea 12 day tour southbound.

Ok so now it's the Jewel..... no worries.... lil better amenities.

So I finally call to get my rooms yesterday. I changed my deck to 2 decks above lifeboats which is higher on Jewel. I wanted a lil higher than where they put me... But to there credit same port side aft location....

However my mom OV room was moved to starboard.

I'm sorry we are on a 1 way Alaskan cruise booked well over a year in advance...

So I managed to get last port side OV in aft location.

However I look today and I see my fate is higher and he nobody mention that which pisses me off.

So people call and make sure your cabins are where u want it.

Kerri

I am not surprised that there have been and will be issues with new cabin assignments. I was tempted to book the Sun sailing and let everything move over but I really prefer to pick my own cabin. I saw lots of changes in availability between the time I put a cabin on hold and the time I made deposit. I was able to get a better location yesterday so I was glad I waited. So, I think they are still trying to place people and some may have moved up leaving the cabin I booked open.