On Board Credits Question

mrscpbeal

Okay we're not going to laugh about how I just discovered what OBC was. :D:p So now I have a question. Both my cabins have OBCs. I linked both cabins together on my credit card during the online check in so any sail and sign charges will go on one card. Will the OBC's from the other cabin be automatically applied to the accounts total charges?

No, each person in the cabin gets a portion of that OBC on their foilo account

if both cabin gets $50 on board credit and there is 2 people in each cabin. Everyone gets a $25 dollar on board credit.

if one cabin gets $100 on board credit and there is 4 people in that cabin, each person gets $25 dollars. If the other cabin only has $50 dollar on board credit and there is 4 people in that cabin, each person gets $12.50 dollar credit

It also depends on the type of OBC credit it is. the OBC can applied to the cabin itself and split among all of the people in that cabin or it is applied to a specific person (like the cruise cash you purchase)

I had 3 rooms with obc and all were linked on the same credit card. The obc showed on each persons account but in the end they all combined into the total.... so if one person went over and one under it all netted out in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, each person in the cabin gets a portion of that OBC on their foilo account

if both cabin gets $50 on board credit and there is 2 people in each cabin. Everyone gets a $25 dollar on board credit.

if one cabin gets $100 on board credit and there is 4 people in that cabin, each person gets $25 dollars. If the other cabin only has $50 dollar on board credit and there is 4 people in that cabin, each person gets $12.50 dollar credit

It also depends on the type of OBC credit it is. the OBC can applied to the cabin itself and split among all of the people in that cabin or it is applied to a specific person (like the cruise cash you purchase)

I had 3 rooms with obc and all were linked on the same credit card. The obc showed on each persons account but in the end they all combined into the total.... so if one person went over and one under it all netted out in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OBC from stock ownership must be different. When I cruised with my mom, I submitted stock info. The OBC was only on my account. I'm guessing it was done this way since the stocks are in my husband's and my names and he wasn't traveling with us.

OBC from stock ownership must be different. When I cruised with my mom, I submitted stock info. The OBC was only on my account. I'm guessing it was done this way since the stocks are in my husband's and my names and he wasn't traveling with us.

stock ownership and cruise cash are two types of on board credit that is only one person account and not the others

if it is a promotion on board credit, then it is shared by those in that room.

i have my first on board credit of 50.00

since we are also getting the Cheer's package which includes all kinds of drinks.....

what would spend the 50.00 bucks on?? i'm not into jewerly or things that have the ship logo on it so what are some ideas i could use it for?

since we are also getting the Cheer's package which includes all kinds of drinks.....

what would spend the 50.00 bucks on?? i'm not into jewerly or things that have the ship logo on it so what are some ideas i could use it for?

lf the ship has a steakhouse, you could make reservations for dinner there one night.

Did you prepay the gratuity? If not, it will hit your account I believe the 2nd or 3rd to last night

Specialty coffee, milkshakes, bingo, specialty dining (steakhouse, Cucina, JiJi, Sushi), Chef's Table, Steakhouse Selections in MDR, candy... I'm sure there are more :)

Specialty coffee, milkshakes, bingo, specialty dining (steakhouse, Cucina, JiJi, Sushi), Chef's Table, Steakhouse Selections in MDR, candy... I'm sure there are more :)

Specialty coffee, and milkshakes are covered in Cheers now.

You can also book shore excursions with it. You can gamble with it, or you can do a ship tour with it. Pretty much anything you would use your card for is fair game.

Edited by CharlesKru
fixed a wrong word

Yes I already prepaid the gratuities.....

I didn't think of the steakhouse... would the 50 bucks cover just one of us? Is it super expensive?

a excursion is a good idea too!!

Thanks everyone!

• 6 months later...

Well this answered my question. I'm not too happy about it since we have $75 from Carnival and $75 from our PVP for loyalty that we will have to split with a cabin mate that will have their own account. I don't mind splitting the first $75 but not the second. We also have a shareholder credit luckily that can go just on our account.