Does anyone pair WDW with a Carnival Cruise out of PC?

I've done this almost every cruise out of Port Canaveral. Usually go to Disney first, because that is more exhausting. Take Magical Express over to WDW, take it back to MCO, rent a car, drive to Port Canaveral and stay the night before a cruise there. We use the car to go to Publix and get wine, soda, etc. Next morning, drop the car off at the rental place and they then shuttle us to the ship. Coming home, rental company will pick us up and then we have a car for the day. Drop it back off at MCO. It's as cheap as 3 people on the shuttle (or cheaper) and allows us to catch cheaper flights back in the evening.

We almost always do Disney or Universal pre-cruise when sailing out of Port Canaveral. As a family of 4, we can visit the theme parks and stay on Disney propert, then jump on a cruise and still pay less than one Disney cruise to the Bahamas. Last year it was Disney and we stayed at Art of Animation. Next year, we plan to do Universal first, which now that my kids are bigger, actually prefer.

It's one of the reasons why I love sailing out of Port Canaveral. It's close enough to be able to enjoy Orlando before and/or after you cruise.

Hi,

We stayed in Orlando for 4 nights at the Hyatt Grand Cypress before our RCCL about 3 years ago. Beautiful grounds, so peaceful, if you golf, there is a wonderful onsite course. Gorgeous weeping willow trees as we rode around the grounds in a rental carriage/bicycle. Caves in the pool area etc. Check it out. Oh, and at night we saw the fireworks from EPCOT. And, since this was late August we saw nightly lightening shows!! WOW! :hearteyes:

My niece and her son stayed at the Nickelodeon Resort (just a few minutes away by car), :eek: SO glad we could go back to our "home" after visiting them by the Nick pool.

I definitely think that a combo WDW and cruise is doable, but I would recommend this option to folks who have done the house of mouse before. You can do the parks first, then wind down with a nice cruise. Port Canaveral is about an hour from WDW, so it can be done by car or by pre-booked shuttle. If you have time, definitely see the Kennedy Space Center!

We're doing a combo trip in January. We'll fly to MCO, take Magical Express to a Disney property (not sure which one yet, it will depend on sales) and visit the parks for two days. We will either Uber to the port or I have a rental reserved at the Disney Dolphin, dropping off at the port.

We've done two previous combo trips, but sailed out of other Florida ports. So much fun !