Grand Stirrup Cay...shade?

uneamie

We are hoping to get a cabana rental when we visit. If that's not available, then a clam shell will work.

No way am I bringing an umbrella on a flight and hauling it around all the way from Cleveland.

We can't justify the cost of a cabana rental for one day...that's just us. That said, we are not bringing an ordinary beach umbrella with us. If anyone actually read my post they would see that the one I am bringing is compact, 24 inches, and fits in my luggage. No lugging it on an airplane or anywhere else. It cost the same as a clam shell but we will have it for ALL beaches and for our beach at home. Makes far more sense for us who find the cost of a cabana out of our reach.

Or get a cabana...it was an amazing experience! No rushing to get a good spot, no one in front of you, shade and a ceiling fan. Best thing we did on our cruise!
That's an option for some....but not for us. Nice as it may be....we just can't imagine spending that kind of money for one beach day.

We can't justify the cost of a cabana rental for one day...that's just us. That said, we are not bringing an ordinary beach umbrella with us. If anyone actually read my post they would see that the one I am bringing is compact, 24 inches, and fits in my luggage. No lugging it on an airplane or anywhere else. It cost the same as a clam shell but we will have it for ALL beaches and for our beach at home. Makes far more sense for us who find the cost of a cabana out of our reach.

I read your post. Compact or not, still can't see myself dragging this thing around. One more thing to remember and bring back on the ship for 1 stop? Saying you only do one beach day. This is even if you don't purchase anything for GSC. But YOU did ask for opinions...

I read your post. Compact or not, still can't see myself dragging this thing around. One more thing to remember and bring back on the ship for 1 stop? Saying you only do one beach day. This is even if you don't purchase anything for GSC. But YOU did ask for opinions...
Yeah...I understand not wanting to drag something else around........that's what I have a husband for. LOL That said, it's an over the shoulder bag. No biggy. BTW.... I didn't ask for opinions about me bringing an umbrella....my original question was:

" curious as to why they do not supply umbrellas at GSC".