Ruby Princess after Sept 2018

girlguide

My Hawaii cruise for Dec 2018 has been switched from Ruby to Emerald. Received the new booking notification by email yesterday and have been given the same cabin on Emerald as I booked on Ruby.

If you go into your booking summary, does it show Ruby or Emerald? Mine still shows Ruby - booked through a TA so they would get the email. Just wondering if she has it and has not sent it to me yet.

On my roll call for an unaffected Princess cruise, one person said her Holland America cruise also has a ship & itinerary changes. She was told there are a lot of changes coming so it's not limited to Princess only.

I've been following these threads about all the redeployments even though we're not affected. Hard to fathom the "why" of what they're doing--such a mammoth mess and inconvenience for pax already booked. Can't be good customer relations for Princess! Seems like they could have done it before they opened bookings on these ships. Since 2 of the 3 ships are essentially identical, why the "need" to change things? My sympathies go out to all those who are inconvenienced.

I just got done talking with Princess because I was concerned that my courtesy hold would drop off since it is past the payment date. She said that they don't have access to all the redeployment lists at one time. She had trouble finding the Star cruise, that it wasn't on the list! I said I was looking at it in my personalizer. She called the help deck and they found the ship and cruise. She said that the hold would be re-booked and given a 3 day hold again like the original one. We just have to wait...

What a mess!!!

My Hawaii cruise for Dec 2018 has been switched from Ruby to Emerald. Received the new booking notification by email yesterday and have been given the same cabin on Emerald as I booked on Ruby.

This is good news; I'm hoping the same happens for me.

My dec 29 Mx riviera cruise changed from the Star to the Ruby with no problems. Received the paperwork from Princess yesterday and it was exactly the same but on the Ruby now. No problems for us at all.

Although was hoping that they would upgrade us to a suite:D

I haven't received the e-mail yet but my Cruise Persoalizer is showing my booking on Ruby Princess to Hawaii is now on Emerald Princess. Have a different booking number but everything else is the same--same cabin, dining time, OBC, everything is the same. This is good news.

If you go into your booking summary, does it show Ruby or Emerald? Mine still shows Ruby - booked through a TA so they would get the email. Just wondering if she has it and has not sent it to me yet.

Mine shows Emerald now - my booking number also changed but everything else stayed the same! Maybe they are doing the switches by deck - we were on plaza so would make sense if they were!

My TA just emailed me that we are now officially switched from Ruby to Star on the Oct 20, 2018 cruise from L.A. to Hawaii. As we were book in an aft PH Suite we have the exact same cabin on the Star as we had booked on the Ruby. WOOBSTR112G (Bob) if you are reading this I think your aft suite will also be available for you too.