How to arrange meals with dietary restrictions in advance whilst onboard??

richarduk

Hello.

I've sailed HAL quite a few times but been quite casual about not planning meals in advance, some with success and some not, so this time I'm giving in and deciding to be a little more organized, and safe!

I preregistered my gluten allergy with HAL as they requested some time back.

We are in a Neptune Suite and have access to the Neptune Lounge with the concierge, so not sure if they themselves get involved in this sort of thing?

On this occasion I'd like to feel a little more secure with what I'm consuming so have a few questions for anyone "in the know" regarding this subject. Here goes........

Main Dining Room:

Who do I speak to about ordering in advance? Is it the day before? Do they do special requests? etc etc We are on anytime/flexible dining.

Pinnacle Grill:

We tend to use this quite a bit but have never ordered in advance. I'm guessing this one may be a bit easier to organize what with it being a fixed menu. Again, who should I speak to and how long in advance? Do they do special requests, as the only dessert I COULD eat, apart from ice cream, was the triple crème brulee. Think they would/could make it?!

Lido Buffet

They did not on our last cruise, but do HAL label their foods with allergen info, or should I ask to speak with an appropriate person as and when we eat there? If so, who would that be?

Thanks in advance for any info.

By this time, the cruise lines are quite accustomed to this. The first night, when the waiter gives you the menu, tell him that you must be gluten free. They will help you to choose items that will be suitable. At the end of the meal they will bring the menu for the next night and will help you choose/pre-order things that are gluten free or can be prepared gluten free. EM

My husband is gluten free and as mentioned previously he received the next evening's menu at dinner and had to return it the next day by 9:00 am with his selection. We ate all breakfasts in the MDR and he ate omeletes, fruit, yogurt and was provided with GF toast and muffins. We ate lunch in the Lido and he selected salads, veggies, sushi, carved meats and also ate at the taco bar at the Dive In. He had no problems.

Hello.

I've sailed HAL quite a few times but been quite casual about not planning meals in advance, some with success and some not, so this time I'm giving in and deciding to be a little more organized, and safe!

I preregistered my gluten allergy with HAL as they requested some time back.

We are in a Neptune Suite and have access to the Neptune Lounge with the concierge, so not sure if they themselves get involved in this sort of thing?

You won't need one of the concierges, or should not, for this. It is easily handled in mDR and is hugely common these days..

On this occasion I'd like to feel a little more secure with what I'm consuming so have a few questions for anyone "in the know" regarding this subject. Here goes........

Main Dining Room:

Who do I speak to about ordering in advance? Is it the day before? Do they do special requests? etc etc We are on anytime/flexible dining.

Pinnacle Grill:

We tend to use this quite a bit but have never ordered in advance. I'm guessing this one may be a bit easier to organize what with it being a fixed menu. Again, who should I speak to and how long in advance? Do they do special requests, as the only dessert I COULD eat, apart from ice cream, was the triple crème brulee. Think they would/could make it?!

Lido Buffet

They did not on our last cruise, but do HAL label their foods with allergen info, or should I ask to speak with an appropriate person as and when we eat there? If so, who would that be?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Keep in mind that some of the gluten free products will be frozen products (such as waffles) and the staff will need time to locate in the freezer, thaw and prepare.

Also, because gluten free is the new "fad" for many, you may find that the gluten free products run out because of passengers who decide to ask for gluten free bread, etc, while not necessarily having a medical need for the product.