Carnival Pride 7/9 sailing review, our 5th time sailing on the Pride

jimbo5544

That sure is a neat cabin layout. Have a cruise planned for 2019...might have to think about switching our location.

Not all of the VS on the Spirit class are this configuration (I believe there are only two floors that have the two room config), I could look to see which floor other than the 4th has it if you want. Great Rooms!

We were in rough seas on the Miracle and she took it like a champ. People have posted it seems it's only on east coast trips that it's seems bad....hmm I wonder why or how that could be? Thanks for your input Jimbo

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

A couple of other comments in regards to this. First is that sailing out of Baltimore does go in the Atlantic as opposed to the Caribbean sea, which by definition can be rougher (although certainly not all the time, we had a Sunshine sailing out of New York and our return was flat as glass). Second thing (which I believe you are alluding to) is that Baltimore (at least in summer months, and our sailing was no exception) has a huge amount of newbies. There were over 600 first time cruisers on our sailing and as a retrospective point only a total of 7 diamond and 19 platinum. I have never seen anything close to these numbers before. I would guess Carnival is doing a happy dance with that info.

Not knocking newbie perspectives, but even (new) people in our group were talking about how rough the 2nd sea day was going down. It was not calm but nowhere near the top 30 in terms of our experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I think pic posting is working again, so I will try and continue. After getting cleaned up we headed to the Diamond event which was in the Piano bar from 7:15 to 8 which coincided to right before our dinner. When we got there we found there were only 7 Diamonds on the Pride this sailing and only 19 Plats (which came up in conversation). These numbers pale in comparison to some of our other sailings. That said, there were several Diamonds on the Pride that had way more sailings on the Pride then we had on Carnival in total.

These affairs are very relaxed i nature and you get to spend a little time with some of the senior staff. Having come off of the another sailing on the Pride for NYE, the Capt remembered us as we had a conversation about extended family yhat we both remembered.

We also go into a conversation with the entertainment director Britney and during that we learned some new things on how the groups from the show for playlist production trained together for 6 weeks before deploying on a ship. We also mentioned that someone from our home town was on the Valor and she knew her and we had a brief discussion about that.

After that enjoyable time, we headed up for dinner with the rest of our group. After dinner we all went to the Piano bar for some good times and then the late comedy show which was one of the best we can ever remember.

Then 4 couples went up the aft serenity area had a nightcap and watched the wonderful night sky and sea for a while before heading down to bed.

Next up, towel man returns....with a guest, Half Moon Cay and can you say beach villa, beach villa, beach villa.....

Sometimes these things happen when on a cruise. .... I was a little late when returning tot eh cabin that night, and the lights were low when I entered and this is what I saw between towel man and my bride.....:eek:

rk6jrq.jpg

As we awoke the next morning, it was in one of our most favorite cruise port destinations......Half Moon Cay. After a quick and easy breakfast, we went down to Butterflies where the Diamond, Platinum and FTTF folks were to assemble and we were on the first tender over tot eh island before you knew it. HMC pictures speak louder than words, so here are some....

2epjce8.jpg