Carnival Pride 7/9 sailing review, our 5th time sailing on the Pride

jimbo5544

I did kind of give up on it due to problems with loading pics. I will summarize the cruise tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Man sorry I feel like a jerk now! I was going to do a mini-Pride review and was going through some of them that I had been following or had read before my cruise for perspective. I wasn't trying to call you out Jimbo really sorry buddy.

Man sorry I feel like a jerk now! I was going to do a mini-Pride review and was going through some of them that I had been following or had read before my cruise for perspective. I wasn't trying to call you out Jimbo really sorry buddy.

Not a worry, look forward to reading yours.

I do owe a closeout to this review which I faded away from due to issues with posting pics..... SO let me do just that with the Cliff note version. I believe I left off with our last port day in Freeport. The last two days did kind of "sail" by and before we knew it, it was the last evening, saying goodbye to our waitstaff and our room steward. After packing, we went down to the return guest party. During the informal announcement of who won the guess the _____ contests, they gave a ship on the stick to the cruiser with the most cruise days. We are Diamond and have 265 days, good but not even in the same class as this guy who came in at 642...... wow.

So after dinner we hung out with our friends in the group, hitting the comedy show one more time and then an hour or so talking and relaxing in the serenity area before heading off to bed. Next up disembarkation and final thoughts.

We woke early as usual and took a deep breath. The group wanted to debark to get her (for the most part anyways....some wanted to to do there own thing. Because it is Baltimore, the debark process is later and easier. That said, we got back early and soon enough it was time to leave. A quick walk off and to the car and before we knew it we were on 95 heading north. By 2:30 I was mowing my yard.

This was our 5th trip on the Pride, the most for us of any Carnival ship. We sailed on her out of 3 home ports, one of which was on the west coast. I have nothing bad to say about the Pride. Is she a little long in the tooth and showing a few wrinkles? Sure. We love the Spirit class ships, they are not only unique (from several aspects) but the size is ..... comfortable. We have always found the crew (there are a LOT of repeat crew on this ship, so they must like it as well) friendly, confident and open. I have had many conversations with different staff on all different levels on this ship, from the captain all the way down, more so than any other ship, have no idea why that is.

Vista suites love them love them love them. If you ever have the notion to try them by all means do it. The ones on the 4th floor are the best. The aft serenity area and pool, just great. Itinerary - sailing out of Baltimore does not leave a bunch of options. HMC is our favorite port of call. Grand Turk we enjoy as well but had been there twice before in the pervious 4 months and the weather was iffy. Freeport....well let's just say it is not on top of the list.

Baltimore. An interesting homeport that has a huge amount of return cruisers, according to some of the staff, the highest of any of Carnival's homeports. The inner harbor area is a lot of fun. I probably would not suggest wandering off to far late on a pre cruise night, but it works.

The sailing before us went to Bermuda, we would enjoy sailing the Pride there sometime as well.

That about wraps it up, I apologize for the abandonment of the review, if any are still here with me now, thanks for hanging around. Happy to answer any straggler questions.........

Thanks for a great review Jimbo, sorry again for putting you on the spot. Will get to work on my own soon. Cannot agree more about your assessment of the Pride. It's a great ship but it has the best staff ever, so great to talk to the crew.

I have a couple general questions for you, does the cruise experience ever get tiring to you? Obviously you must enjoy it to have so many days at sea but this year I had the great pleasure to take 4 cruises in a calendar year and the excitement and the novelty started to wear off. Granted I had a blast on each one, but I did start to get tired of similar MDR and entertainment schedules. (All that said I'm booked for Feb and May;p)

What size group is your favorite to travel with?

Thanks for a great review Jimbo, sorry again for putting you on the spot. Will get to work on my own soon. Cannot agree more about your assessment of the Pride. It's a great ship but it has the best staff ever, so great to talk to the crew.

I have a couple general questions for you, does the cruise experience ever get tiring to you? Obviously you must enjoy it to have so many days at sea but this year I had the great pleasure to take 4 cruises in a calendar year and the excitement and the novelty started to wear off. Granted I had a blast on each one, but I did start to get tired of similar MDR and entertainment schedules. (All that said I'm booked for Feb and May;p)

What size group is your favorite to travel with?

WE have done 4 in a year as well and when they are that close it does get a bit old. That said, every time we get on a ship, we still get that rush. I hope it never ends. We almost exclusively travel in groups ( our second cruise on the Vista in April was just the wife and I), ranging from 6 to 150. The sweet spot is probably about 30. More than the number is the mix of people, we have a critical mass of about 15 that cruise with us almost every cruise.

• 4 weeks later...