Carnival Pride 7/9 sailing review, our 5th time sailing on the Pride

jimbo5544

Almost all of our group had late seating (the rest had my time dining) and we had requested center tables. We are friends with Ken Byrnes Senior Maitre'd (and the singing Maitre'd) who is assigned to the Pride a lot, but he was on R&R back in Dublin. So when we checked in the Maitre'd said he had been gotten an email from Ken and asked to ensure everything was all right with our 6 tables.

There actually was a small issue where 12 people were assigned to a table for 8....but we quickly got that resolved dinner was fine. The Maitre'd check in with us each night but everything was fine...

After dinner, we checked out the music and around 11:30 yawns meant it was time to hit the hay.

We are early risers and this cruise was no exception. Around 7 we headed up for coffee, breakfast and to check out the chair hogs in serenity. The day had dawned partly cloudy and the sun played games with us all day. All in all not a bad day. After breakfast we headed out to Serenity and found a couple of chairs.

I had pre purchased the internet program (first time I had done that) and checked on some work things. At lunch time we headed up to Guys for our first Guys burger of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Before we had left, I was kind of tracking a tropical storm that was headed in our general direction and that afternoon I saw it had broken up but that we might be if for some rougher seas and windy conditions that night and part of the next day. We had some novice cruisers sailing with us and they were somewhat concerned.

Late afternoon we headed down to get ready for the first formal night. We met some of the group for cocktails in the lobby before going to dinner. There was a young lady with guitar entertaining everyone. Lots of pictures were being taken.

It has been interesting watching how "cruise elegant" attire has evolved. Still some that dressed to the nines and some that were .... less (which is fine). At dinner the Maitre'd stopped over and asked if everything was fine and we also got a visit from truth Hotel Director who is a friend of a friend and also asked if everything was well. After dinner, we caught the first production show, and after that stopped into the piano bar for a couple of songs before bed.

At dinner the Maitre'd stopped over and asked if everything was fine and we also got a visit from truth Hotel Director who is a friend of a friend and also asked if everything was well.
I gather Ken was still on vacation? I had seen that he was scheduled to return to Pride in July but figured our cruise was too early in July.

I gather Ken was still on vacation? I had seen that he was scheduled to return to Pride in July but figured our cruise was too early in July.

He was, we emailed and found out, I think he is coming back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Went to the late comedy show that night, he was hilarious. Probably the funniest we have ever seen. The ship was bouncing some and Butterflies is up front and low. After the show we headed up to the piano bar for a while and then off to bed. When we got back to our cabin, the lights were out in the cabin except for a door ajar with a light on in the bedroom. It was dark, and looking into the room, we saw what appeared to be someone sitting the chair by the windows looking at us. I hit the light and this is what we saw.

We had some group leader activity work for the rest of that 2nd sea day afternoon and before you knew it, it was time to get ready for dinner. The ship was bouncing a bit and according the the screen in the lobby, the winds were at 48 MPH....yikes.

Dinner was good as usual and then we went to see the comic show again. These are standing room only events if you get there within 10 minutes of show time. After the show we went up to lido and caught some of the movie and then back to serenity with some friends and sat out under the starts (yeah, it had cleared up again?) before turning in. This evening we gifts, our normal towel animal, the Plat Diamond gifts (Tervis Tumblers this time) and an invite the next night to the diamond event. This time is was cocktails with the captain and senior staff in the Piano bar before dinner the next night,

2s66b7c.jpg

Just wondering Jimbo....I'm hearing alot about a bad vibration in the dining room and that the ship is not super stable in moderate seas heading down the East coast? Thank you

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I have read reviews about the bad vibration. We have sailed on 8 cruises on Spirit class ships, 5 of which were on the Pride. This cruise we stayed in a 4th floor Vista suite (right about the restaurant). Here are my thoughts... First of all, our cruise debarkation was delayed for almost 4 hours due to a maintenance operation. During that delay someone in our group came up to us and said that they saw divers going under the starboard aft side of the ship and they took out some big piece of machinery. When I went over to look (it was a little while later) they were packing up. There was something on a flat bed truck, but it was covered up.

There was def a vibration, something a little above the vibe we felt on other ships. Certainly not bad and after a couple of hours it was not really noticeable. The only times we did notice it was during docking or pulling away when the azi pod was turned mostly sideways. No more so tho than side thrusters.

I thought the Pride cut the seas fine. We did have some pretty windy couple of hours on the second sea day. She is smaller than a lot of others ships so there is some movement. I would not hesitate to sail the Pride again and stay in the same area.

We pulled into Grand Turk fairly early and were leaving early. We got off when cleared and headed to our normal spot (when not taking a cabana), which is facing the flow rider with the ship in the background. The weather was still iffy and the sky promised some rain which came in about 15 minutes and before most of the group found their way over t where we were.

This was the third time to Grand Turk in 7 months, so we felt fairly comfortable. Here are some pics.

He looks a lot less scary with the lights on......

Next morning Flat Stanley had made friends with him

5esn7c.jpg

:o Ok, that would totally freak me out if the lights were out (and maybe with the lights on). Your cabin stewart is awesome to create that.

:o Ok, that would totally freak me out if the lights were out (and maybe with the lights on). Your cabin stewart is awesome to create that.

Wish I could have taken the pic when it was dark. He expanded on it as you will see when we get a little further on...

I have read reviews about the bad vibration. We have sailed on 8 cruises on Spirit class ships, 5 of which were on the Pride. This cruise we stayed in a 4th floor Vista suite (right about the restaurant). Here are my thoughts... First of all, our cruise debarkation was delayed for almost 4 hours due to a maintenance operation. During that delay someone in our group came up to us and said that they saw divers going under the starboard aft side of the ship and they took out some big piece of machinery. When I went over to look (it was a little while later) they were packing up. There was something on a flat bed truck, but it was covered up.

There was def a vibration, something a little above the vibe we felt on other ships. Certainly not bad and after a couple of hours it was not really noticeable. The only times we did notice it was during docking or pulling away when the azi pod was turned mostly sideways. No more so tho than side thrusters.

I thought the Pride cut the seas fine. We did have some pretty windy couple of hours on the second sea day. She is smaller than a lot of others ships so there is some movement. I would not hesitate to sail the Pride again and stay in the same area.

We were in rough seas on the Miracle and she took it like a champ. People have posted it seems it's only on east coast trips that it's seems bad....hmm I wonder why or how that could be? Thanks for your input Jimbo

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app