Carnival Pride 7/9 sailing review, our 5th time sailing on the Pride

jimbo5544

Jimbo,

Great review so far! Looking forward to the rest of it. We're boarding Pride this Sunday, so I might not get to the end of your review until we get back.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to be done before you get on. It will flow quicker now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following.......We were on Pride about 2 yrs ago and LOVED the ease of driving to Baltimore. It was the first ship we were on that had Alchemy. OMG! We loved it. Pride is a great class ship...we sailed her sister Miracle 3 x's and now that she is coming back to NYC sailing again Spring 2018. Next up is Vista this fall and I'm looking forward to it. We will def go back on Pride though.

Following.......We were on Pride about 2 yrs ago and LOVED the ease of driving to Baltimore. It was the first ship we were on that had Alchemy. OMG! We loved it. Pride is a great class ship...we sailed her sister Miracle 3 x's and now that she is coming back to NYC sailing again Spring 2018. Next up is Vista this fall and I'm looking forward to it. We will def go back on Pride though.

Thanks for following along. We have sailed the Vista twice and think you will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a Vista Suite a few years ago and loved it. We sailed in January and Pride became an icebreaker coming back to port. It was awesome to see that.

Wow, that must have been pretty cool (no pun intended). Vista suites are special.

Who is coming back to NYC??

According to the booking engine it's the Horizon

Yup, we're booked on Horizon 6/18 from NYC. Looking forward to it.

Oh, from the wording I thought it was the Miracle coming to NYC. Wishful thinking! :eek:

Oh, from the wording I thought it was the Miracle coming to NYC. Wishful thinking! :eek:

I doubt we would see a Spirit class ship in New York again....but I have been wrong before.

Anxious to see what ship (if any), NYC will get for the summer / fall of 2019. :eek:

Good question, I would have to check to see when Vista III is scheduled to be delivered.....

Sorry, I made it sound like miracle was coming back to NYC. Our first 2 Miracle cruises were out of NYC. Spring 2018 we are booked on Miracle out of Tampa not NYC. I get confused with the ships constantly changing ports. I'm just happy Miracle is coming back to the east coast.[emoji106]

Sorry, I made it sound like miracle was coming back to NYC. Our first 2 Miracle cruises were out of NYC. Spring 2018 we are booked on Miracle out of Tampa not NYC. I get confused with the ships constantly changing ports. I'm just happy Miracle is coming back to the east coast.[emoji106]

No worries

Flat Stanley

Last year before our Med cruise on the Vista, one of our grand daughters had a summer project of making a fairly common drawing that they did (Flat Stanley) and taking them with them on their summer vacations and coming back to school in the fall and saying what they did with Flat Stanley over the summer. She asked us to do the same thing and made a Flat Stanley for us to travel with and post onto FB so she could follow along, which we did. We did that and it caught on with our travel page on FB, so Flat Stanley travels with us when we travel now.

Here is Flat Stanley relaxing in our room after we put our clothes away and before we headed back out to catch up with the group before muster and sail away,

Sorry about the side view.....

We then went back out to find some of the group and get something to eat. We caught up with some of the people and before long it was time for Muster. We headed down to our Muster station, they scanned sign and sails and then it was back up to the Serenity fro sail away..... or I thought so.

At around sail away time there was an announcement from the captain that there was some maintenance going on that would mean we would not be leave till around 8:30 that night. Uh oh, some of our group was concerned that leaving late would mean we would miss Grand Turk.

We asked and were told that we could actually leave as late as midnight and still make Grand Turk on on time. Seeing we were in Serenity, I looked over the port aft side and sure enough there were two divers and a truck near the aft section of the ship. Later I saw what appeared to be a section of propeller (don't really know if it was) but after awhile they packed up and by 8 were on our way.

Because we had late dining we missed both bridges, but I mad a mental note I would view them on the return.