Port Canaveral On Oasis- a few experiences

Just sailed Oasis last week. Our family had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the ship and service. Wanted to share some random experiences I had that I've seen people ask about.

1. We arrived one day prior to sailing and booked Sunshine Limousine and Sedan Service for our group of 6. Pricing is listed on their website and booking was simple. Pick up was on time and they sent timely notifications giving us direct contact information for our driver. Round trip from MCO to hotel and then port to MCO was very easy. The vans we had were very clean and nicely air conditioned.

2. We stayed at Homewood Suites Port Canaveral for the first time and were happy with the rooms and service. There was a nice Italian restaurant called Zarella's within walking distance that had great food. Shuttle from hotel to the port is $5/person and they offered 3 times of 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30 while we were there. We took 10:30 and got checked in at the port quickly and then waited maybe 15 minutes before they began boarding. Boarding started around 11:15 for us.

3. We had a minor traveling with mom and not dad. Both had passports and mom was asked for authorization from dad which we had in the form of a notarized letter. They made a copy and it was a very simple process.

4. I saw some concerns about balcony rooms not staying cool on Oasis. We all had CP balconies and with the dial turned all the way to cold the room stayed very cool. I can't speak for other room types. For Eat Drink Play each of our rooms had a bottle of Merlot and we had our complimentary lunch at Giovanni's. Reservations for the lunch were very simple.

5. We had a cabana at Nellie's and upon check in at the beach I asked to switch the cabana I had been assigned. I had been assigned #1 and switched to #6. I'm sure they can't always accommodate this but doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by Mcolema7

Great review. What did you think of the CP Balconies?

This was my first time in one and I really enjoyed it. Overall, I'd still choose an ocean view balcony over Central Park if pricing wasn't vastly different. The neighborhood balcony was just such a better deal when we booked and I'd absolutely book CP again for a good deal.

We were assigned cabin 10239 with XN guarantee and it was a great location. Really I think all CP balconies are a pretty good location because they're mid ship. It was convenient to be relatively close to everything without a long walk. On the balcony you could hear the pool band in the afternoons which I liked and in the evenings there was classical music in CP. The lighting in CP was also very pretty at night and it was nice to sit out there with a glass of wine and just people watch.

In my research ahead of time I did find out that cabins 12629, 11629, 10629, 12229, 11229, and 10229 have an extra large balcony. They weren't available on my sailing but if they are on yours I'd definitely look into them! You could see the extra space looking at them and they had some extra furniture.

OP- do you mind me asking if you happen to have your cruise compass from the trip? I am looking to confirm that adventure ocean still does the troll party on this ship and if they are doing a M&G on board. Thanks a bunch and glad you had a stellar time!

I don't, I'm sorry! We didn't have young kids with us so I don't remember seeing much of the schedule for Adventure Ocean. I can confirm the teen group had a M&G on day one. No clue on the Trolls specifically but I did see other Dream Works characters and remember a parade they did on the Royal Promenade.

I don't, I'm sorry! We didn't have young kids with us so I don't remember seeing much of the schedule for Adventure Ocean. I can confirm the teen group had a M&G on day one. No clue on the Trolls specifically but I did see other Dream Works characters and remember a parade they did on the Royal Promenade.

Perfect! Thanks! :)

You mention the cabana at Nellie's. Which itinerary were you on - Eastern or Western and what island is Nellie's on? We did Eastern last year on Oasis and doing Western this year on Oasis in November.

We were on Western and it was on Labadee. I believe they have cabanas at barefoot beach (suite guests only) and Nellie's beach (open to everyone). I saw they added bungalows at Columbus Cove also that look nice but I didn't get a chance to check them out.