Tipping Policy on MSC

momellex

I had read on the website they prefer you not tip more than the gratuities already added to the price. We commonly tip our cabin attendant and wait staff extra at the end of the cruise for good service. I understand culture could be a factor but I don't want to get anyone in trouble for taking an extra tip? Also would you tip for room service? It seems very odd to have this type of tipping policy. What have others done on MSC?

I had read on the website they prefer you not tip more than the gratuities already added to the price. We commonly tip our cabin attendant and wait staff extra at the end of the cruise for good service. I understand culture could be a factor but I don't want to get anyone in trouble for taking an extra tip? Also would you tip for room service? It seems very odd to have this type of tipping policy. What have others done on MSC?

If you use the search feature here you might find many posts about tipping.

You can if you wish.

We always give our waiter and cabin steward a tip. We usually tip €1-2 for room service.

"Please note that we do not recommend tipping individual members of staff" is what MSC advise in their brochure. However, I reckon that is just to discourage those who remove the daily charge from their account on the basis that they want to tip individually and not, has some think, that it's not allowed.

I do tip room service 1-2$ . I never tip extra cabin attendant and if waiter is extra good I do tip extra by the end of cruise.