Ultimate tip to a princess 1st timer

vikry

bjkTX

Have been looking for you on the new boards. Are you still interested in attending the SA Cruiser's Party this Fall?
Please send me an e-mail with your e-mail address. I have your first names from the old list. It's very time consuming trying to find all the 70 or so people on the list, but I keep on truckin'!
Looking forward to meeting you both, and everyone else,
Lois

[email]LRH@satx.rr.com[/email]

[quote name='tigre']* Something I've done a few times for my hubby...order a bottle of wine with a basket of fruit, chocolate covered strawberries or a celebration cake for the sail away. It's a great romantic way to surprise someone and sets a wonderful tone for the cruise. You can order online ahead of time.
[/QUOTE]
This sounds great. How does one order this?

• 8 months later...
At least one morning, get up early, before dawn and walk the promenade deck. Get to the rail to watch the sunrise.

Grab a cup of coffee at the cafe bar or have room service to enjoy a pre breakfast snack.

If you are a runner, the mornings are great. You can finish up at the spa spool and cool off. Schedule a massage right after that. You can shower before the massage.

Then head to breakfast.

Relaxxxxxxx.......................................

[quote name='lisaanne0220']can you take beer in your luggage on princess carribbean?[/QUOTE]

No, you are not technically allowed to bring beer, but from things I have heard and read, many people do anyway.

Before anyone starts to flame me for giving her this info, I am simply stating what I have heard and read... I am not stating what SHOULD or what should NOT be done.

lisaanne0220 and dreamer333 why don't you take the beer question to a beer question forum and leave this forum for its intended puppose. This is a pretty neat thread without getting off on something not even related to the topic. Have a nice cruise.....Roy Diamond 5/14/05.

Welcome to the boards, Lisa!
I'm sorry that one of your first encounters here resulted in a rude response... Most of us here are very nice and helpful! Please don't let one nasty person scare you off from us!
And by the way, your question was legitimate.

I have to disagree with you Rowbob, as stated it is a Primer for 1st timers. First timers want to know about everything from toilet paper to shore excursions, therefore the beer question is valid in this forum. Let it go! Are we to be so selective in doling out our "Knowledge" that we automatically chastise those who want to know something about a subject that we : don't agree with:D , don't like, don't endorse, could care less about? The beauty of these boards is that all can come and ask, share and mutually enjoy the info traded here.

Happy Cruising!

[quote name='rowbob50']lisaanne0220 and dreamer333 why don't you take the beer question to a beer question forum and leave this forum for its intended puppose. This is a pretty neat thread without getting off on something not even related to the topic. Have a nice cruise.....Roy Diamond 5/14/05.[/QUOTE]

I always go to the tour of the Spa when I get on board

Sounds boring but if you take your partner with you you will find there are some great treatments you can have together

Our best yet was on the Star Princess - your given body scrubs, mud masks, massage oils then you and your loved one are locked in a private room for an hour and a half with your own personal double shower and steam room for 2

Absolute bliss and a great one for on honneymoon!!

Sorry about going off on a tangent, thought I was somewhere else. I am taking beer with me on the Diamond May 14th. I thought I was on a thread about doughnuts, just kidding, anyway accept my apologies.....Roy

I agree with the above posts. Most important tip, IMO, is the medicine. Cruise ships carry people from all over the world and the last thing you want is to be sick on your fabulous vacation. Bring asperin (the cure-all) and maybe some cold pills (Contac, Dristan, etc.) in case you do catch something. I'm not particularly germ-phobic, but I always try to bring a small can of Lysol, partuclarly to disinfect the bed spreads.
If you don't know whether or not you get sea-sick, I swear by Bonine. They're small, chewable tablets you take once a day (in the morning). In fact, I take a Bonine BEFORE getting on the ship. (Once you're on the ship, it's difficult to "un-do" the queasiness.) They do not make me drowsy at all.
I also agree that you can't possibly do EVERYTHING. Our routine goes like this... We put in a wake-up call and reserve a room-service call about 15-20 minutes after we wake up. We have had breakfast in the dining room ONCE in all our cruises. Wake up, have your morning coffee and breakfast delivered to your cabin and start the day with breakfast on your balcony. We read the Princess Patter and decide what we're gonna do with our day, depending on our energy level. You can do everything or nothing. We find a happy medium in between. The most interesting thing I've found on all of our cruises is that everyone WANTS to have a good time. Even Grumpy Guses (like my DH) turn into happy, peppy people on a cruise. Maybe it's the sea air, but everyone is just so happy to be there. Or maybe they're all on drugs?! Haha! All I know is, forget Disneyland. A cruise ship is the happiest place on Earth!

[QUOTE]I always go to the tour of the Spa when I get on board

Sounds boring but if you take your partner with you you will find there are some great treatments you can have together

Our best yet was on the Star Princess - your given body scrubs, mud masks, massage oils then you and your loved one are locked in a private room for an hour and a half with your own personal double shower and steam room for 2

Absolute bliss and a great one for on honneymoon!![/QUOTE]

How much did it cost for such a cool rendezvous? Is it available on the Sun?

[b]This does not apply to those who go to the "Friends of Bill W. meetings", imagine THAT bar tab![/b]

er, are you a Friend of Bill W and Bob S? If so, could you drop me an email and tell me more about these meetings? thanks!

Ok so I over pack:rolleyes: But! I have never said "Gosh, if only I had brought (insert blank). Here's a list, not in any order: A powerstrip, never enough plugs in the cabins. All the regular meds and the Bonine, and antihistamine (cause if you've never been to a particular port before and have allergies, you may encounter flora and fauna that irritate) "Charmin to go" TP in a small purse size container, great for Europe and Mexico cause you can't always count on the TP being in the public restrooms. Moleskin if you plan a walking tour. A fannypack. A pair of your most comfortable (even if not attractive) old shoes, cause the is nothing worse the aching feet! A list in your wallet of all meds you are taking and what current things you are being treated for (if you should become ill in a port or on board this info could save you life) Sunscreen. Lysol or Clorox wipes for the room (and do make sure to clean the TV remote!) Junk jewelry, leave the good stuff at home. Skinney, Medium and fat clothes:p I wear the skinney formal first, then progress to the other sizes as I eat my way thru the cruise! Extra memory cards for your digital camera. Your email password-most of us have it on "auto" so if you are faced with conjuring up the actual password that you created 4 years ago .................

[quote name='bcs819']Use our balcony for some personal time (yes, I mean THAT). If you don't do it, you'll always wonder what it would have been like

[/QUOTE]

<BEGIN KIND TEASING> OK, i'd consider it on our own (covered) balcony, but not sure we're up to taking personal time on YOUR balcony. :o But this is a prime example of the generosity of cruisers on these forums..... :) awesome kindness. </END KIND TEASING>

[quote name='figmentdj']How much did it cost for such a cool rendezvous? Is it available on the Sun?[/QUOTE]

If I remember rightly it was around $80

Not sure if you can do it on the Sun but if I find out I'll let you know

[QUOTE=Cruisin' Lisa]

13. Have people take LOTS of pictures of you and your honey all through the cruise for your album later. Heck, be adventurous! Bring a photo album or large journal and have people you meet/get to know write you their biggest "secrets" to a wonderful marriage.(come on, go for it. . .even ask the captain to do it, or your steward, or? --it'd make a wonderful momento)

14. Have fun. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're starting the rest of your life with the one you love on a wonderful Princess Cruise.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for these 2 tip. Our cruise to the Med will be our honeymoon too, and i never even THOUGHT about taking an album ON the ship.

Archived