Q: Post cruise tour booking with cruise line to Everglades

bradboy

Traveling with 2 tween boys. Flight leaves @445 from FLL. Not thrilled about the reviews I've read on purchasing the post cruise excursion to Everglades.

Question is what time did the transfer get you back to FLL?

What time did you get off the ship?

Traveling with 2 tween boys. Flight leaves @445 from FLL. Not thrilled about the reviews I've read on purchasing the post cruise excursion to Everglades.

Cruise line? Ship?

Are you asking about the ship's Airport Transfer & Tour?

Check the specific description of the tour. (Maybe post a link for us, or at least tell us which cruise line you are on). It usually includes the disclaimer "for passengers with domestic flights after HH:MM or international flights after HH:MM". Which indicates the expected arrival time at the airport is about two hours before the domestic/three hours before the international flight advisory time.

The disembark day tours usually depart the ship quite early, you will be expected to be off the ship right after the walk-offs. So if your plan was to leave the ship at your leisure and arrive at the airport not unreasonably early prior to your flight, the ship's disembark tours do not fit that bill. Since you do not need to be at FLL until after 2:30 you may want to consider renting a car for the day.

In general, the tours leave pretty early (by 8:30) and have you at the airport by 1:00. Not a great way to "use up" time. Altho your kids would probably like the everglades experience.

I'd check into renting a car, as mentioned, and driving to the everglades park to do the trip on your own. Then plan a couple other stops for lunch/beach before heading to the airport to return the car. With four of you paying for the excursion, I'd guess you will not be paying more and have a lot more flexibility.

Yes, ask your question on the cruise line board for specific details for your ship.