Earning Points with a Cruise

GalCruzer

I just saw on my Amex credit card website where if I book a Cruise through them I can earn a significant amount of points (for hotel stays etc). Just wondering if anyone has ever done this?

It seemed the same cost as booking through the Carnival website. Just wondering if there would be any downside to booking through my cc...TIA

Gal

Carnival does not allow any TA or other agent to sell any cruise for less than Carnival's price. Sometimes a TA will lower your price by giving you part of their commission or buying you a bottle of wine but they pay what Carnival says is their price.

Carnival's charge card which is a Barkley Bank card lets you get OBC for every $20,000 you spend. $20,000= $200 on board credit. But, their interest rate is so high we canceled them.

We have an Amex but don't uses them so can't answer your question. May be we'll start using them.

We use the American Express card to buy everything -- groceries, gasoline, prescriptions, air plane tickets, pay for cruises, etc.

We get points which we transfer over to Hilton Honor points and have stayed in the Hilton brand hotels - like Embassy Suites -- many, many times free. In fact, we have rarely paid for a hotel.

Carnival does not allow any TA or other agent to sell any cruise for less than Carnival's price. Sometimes a TA will lower your price by giving you part of their commission or buying you a bottle of wine but they pay what Carnival says is their price.

Well with that beingsaid this sounds to be a good deal. I could take those points and book at a Hilton probably for a couple extra days or so...:p

Carnival's charge card which is a Barkley Bank card lets you get OBC for every $20,000 you spend. $20,000= $200 on board credit. But, their interest rate is so high we canceled them.

We have an Amex but don't uses them so can't answer your question. May be we'll start using them.

This has nothing to do with OP's question.

OP, you have nothing to lose by booking with your CC company or any TA, except that they have control over your reservation if you want to make any changes. It is perfectly OK for them to give you as many AX points as they want, CCL has nothing to do with it. If you are getting a good amount of CC credit or points by all means book through them.

Check out your Amex card's offers. Some of us have one that will give us $100 for spending $500 on any Carnival Corp. brand cruise--which includes Holland America and Princess and several others in addition to Carnival. It doesn't matter if you book direct with the cruise line or through a travel agency.

Check out your Amex card's offers. Some of us have one that will give us $100 for spending $500 on any Carnival Corp. brand cruise--which includes Holland America and Princess and several others in addition to Carnival. It doesn't matter if you book direct with the cruise line or through a travel agency.

Just got the $100 credit. Added the WLCL Offer on my account last week.

This has nothing to do with OP's question.

OP, you have nothing to lose by booking with your CC company or any TA, except that they have control over your reservation if you want to make any changes. It is perfectly OK for them to give you as many AX points as they want, CCL has nothing to do with it. If you are getting a good amount of CC credit or points by all means book through them.

Thanks for that. Definitely booking...