Where in the world are they?

yiddishkopf

Our good friends, who we met 5 years ago on the Ryndam around South America are on a cruise down the Amazon. I think it is a segment of the Prisendam's world cruise . I've been trying to find a website that shows the position of the ship. Can anyone tell me how to find the right website? It will be much appreciated.

My SO and I are looking forward to the Auckland to Sydney cruise, leaving 1-21 from Auckland.

I just checked and Prinsendam boarded November 24 for a 26 day Amazon River Cruise but it is not part of World Cruise.

On December 20, she boards for a 15 day Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise and at the completion of that cruise, World Cruise will begin.

I think the OP is looking for a site that shows the positions of cruise ships on a map. I've seen one, but I don't have it bookmarked and don't remember if any of the HAL ships were being tracked or not. www.cruisecal.com/dnn will show what port a ship is in on any given day, or if it is a sea day, but won't show where the ship is on the sea days.

Now that my own curiosity has been piqued, I'll have to go Googleing and see what I can find.

OK, here's a little information. http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/ will take you to a site that collects weather info from ships and bouys. You can click on the cruise ship link on that page and it will show the last known position of many cruise ships on a world map, or you can enter the callsign PBGH to look specifically for the Prinsendam. Their last entry for Prinsendam was Nov 29, though, and it looked to be at anchor at Half Moon Cay, so you might not get too much current information.

correction, it was around St. Kitts, not HMC

Archived