Do we need a carseat to get to hotel in Miami?

dlhoward

Yes. That is the law. You may want them for the airplane as well. I am not sure why you can not bring them. If you don't use on plane you can put them in a bag with a handle that fits a car seat and check them like luggage but I do not believe there is a charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. That is the law. You may want them for the airplane as well. I am not sure why you can not bring them. If you don't use on plane you can put them in a bag with a handle that fits a car seat and check them like luggage but I do not believe there is a charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately, that is not the law down here in Florida.

Here is the section of the Florida statute in regards to car seats here in Florida. It was updated in 2015 to increase the age, but this did not change.

(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation.

I'm not sure "the lawyers" on this board are correct - while the taxi/limo driver might not get a ticket, I think the parents will if the kids are not properly restrained in any vehicle with seat belts.

And the laws of physics apply all over the world - your kids will be MUCH safer in an appropriately sized car seat. As mentioned above, you can check them for free if you do not use them on the flight. Amazon sells some travel booster seats that might work for your two - I would also check the family cruise board to see what others have done.

You could use a hotel shuttle to get from MIA to your hotel and then return to MIA to use the cruise line transfer bus -no car seats needed on either. Look at hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA with a local strip mall nearby (across the street from the Hampton Inn). Have a great cruise! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Unfortunately, that is not the law down here in Florida.

Here is the section of the Florida statute in regards to car seats here in Florida. It was updated in 2015 to increase the age, but this did not change.

(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation.

As is said, "the devil is in the details". You missed the last sentence to section (6). It seems this exemption only applies to the chauffeur, but still makes the parents responsible. Here's the full text:

(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation. It is the obligation and responsibility of the parent, guardian, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare as defined in s. 39.01 to comply with the requirements of this section.

Uber has the option to request a car seat for $10 more. They have been trained with installation. This is what we r doing.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

let us know how it goes, we are dealing with the same thing too and considering Uber , but i wonder is it still easy to find a uber right now when everyone are slowly coming back home ...

We traveled with our grandson, who was almost 3 at the time. We took a booster seat, and tied a ribbon around the handles so we could sling it over our shoulder. He was technically old enough for the booster, though definitely on the young side. I purchased the booster new at a discount store for $15, and it came in very handy on many, many occasions.