Live from the Dawn-Owners Suite 10506

Baitman19

terrabull,

We had a great time Saturday with you guys. Did you ever deliver the food to your friends? And yes, it is depressing leaving the Dawn and going back to reality. It was also depressing watching some of the Bills game. Nice snow, bad game!

I fell asleep before the Packers game Sunday night, but woke up to watch the 2nd half.

You may have the best looking mail person, but I still have the best looking Butler. Carmen says, you're funny!

We'll try to keep in touch.

Happy Sailing,

Diane & Monty

Glad you had a nice cruise. I am sorry to hear that Lanie has resigned. She was our Butler in April and I had hoped she would be again in February. Alas, I guess that is not to be....... She was truly wonderfull!! I am VERY dissapointed.......:confused:

Lanie took such good care of us. My DD was in one of "those teenage moods" and Lanie treated her like a Princess.... Which we SO appreciated!!!

Did Lanie go back home to the Phillipines? She was telling us about her future plans. I guess she felt it was time to put her plans into place. GOOD for her, not so good for ALL the passengers that will miss her.....:(

You had Carmen as your Butler? Did you like her? Was she a good Butler? Was she attentive to your needs, requests, etc....? Do you reccomend her as a Butler? I was going to request Lanie again, but, well, that ain't happening..... I have heard that some Butlers are better then others.

Maybe I should start a new Thread on this board asking that question....

Thank you for ANY advice you can give!!

Suesan:) :) :)

Glad you had a nice cruise. I am sorry to hear that Lanie has resigned. She was our Butler in April and I had hoped she would be again in February. Alas, I guess that is not to be....... She was truly wonderfull!! I am VERY dissapointed....

Lanie took such good care of us. My DD was in one of "those teenage moods" and Lanie treated her like a Princess.... Which we SO appreciated!!!

Did Lanie go back home to the Phillipines? She was telling us about her future plans. I guess she felt it was time to put her plans into place. GOOD for her, not so good for ALL the passengers that will miss her.....:(

You had Carmen as your Butler? Did you like her? Was she a good Butler? Was she attentive to your needs, requests, etc....? Do you reccomend her as a Butler? I was going to request Lanie again, but, well, that ain't happening..... I have heard that some Butlers are better then others.

Maybe I should start a new Thread on this board asking that question....

Thank you for ANY advice you can give!!

Suesan:) :)

Suesan,

I'm not sure what room you are in, but we had Denny this time and he was great.

Jackie:cool:

Glad you had a nice cruise. I am sorry to hear that Lanie has resigned. She was our Butler in April and I had hoped she would be again in February. Alas, I guess that is not to be....... She was truly wonderfull!! I am VERY dissapointed....

:cool:

Lanie was the 1st female butler for NCL and had opportunity to move up and get a higher position but she liked what she did and she will be missed.

She was our butler for our last 2 cruises and did a wonderful job. I hope she is happy.

Denise

Jackie, we will be in AB 11020, "Jade". That is the cabin we had in April. We liked its location so much that we got it for February too!! Should We ask for Denny?

Denise, what did Lanie "move up" too? What position is higher? Just wondering........

Thank's for the info!!:)

Dear Dawn Cruisers...

baitman - tahnks so much for the live reports... loved reading them!

Our relatives have only cruised once on the QM2 before. From reviwews that we have read, we recommened the Dawn to them (11 nighter Western). Is there any way for them to get a good price for a good room? What is resell adn how does it work? Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you very much!

-Matt

Denise, what did Lanie "move up" too? What position is higher? Just wondering........

She never said... just said how much she liked what she was doing and was happy as a butler.

....and I never asked.

There could perhaps be higher positions in the corporation, such as training???

Dear Dawn Cruisers...

baitman - tahnks so much for the live reports... loved reading them!

Our relatives have only cruised once on the QM2 before. From reviwews that we have read, we recommened the Dawn to them (11 nighter Western). Is there any way for them to get a good price for a good room? What is resell adn how does it work? Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you very much!

-Matt

Matt, I would recommend they book directly with NCL. The price should be basically the same but this will allow them to deal directly with NCL for upsells. They should book the lowest category they will be happy with though.

Do a search for upsells on this board for more info. We took an upsell over the summer to an owner's suite (9506) and have never had a better time.

Jackie, we will be in AB 11020, "Jade". That is the cabin we had in April. We liked its location so much that we got it for February too!! Should We ask for Denny?

Suesan,

Lucky you!!! I read somewhere that Denny is taking care of the Garden Villas now and also has 4 other suites. I'm not sure, but they must have moved him. When we were on in October, we were in 9506 (The Fifth Avenue Suite) and he had all of the suites forward on the ninth floor and more of them aft. You would think they would give one person all the forwards and another all the afts for convenience. My DH and I both thought Denny was fantastic. He's very softspoken and always there when you need him. He brought us any mixers for our room, served breakfast on the side balcony, brought us martini glasses when we had people over, but we never did have dinner in the room this time around. We had a cocktail party, but I made the drinks and we had all just finished eating so we didn't order pickies but probably should have. His wife is having their second baby in February when he will go on his vacation. I've also heard good things about Carmen as a butler. I thought someone said that Lani had left NCL, but I'm not positive. We had John last time we were on the Dawn and we were also in the same rooms.

Your room looks like it's in a great location. I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

Suesan Jean,

This was our second cruise with Carmen as our Butler. We love Carmen!She couldn't do enough for us. She is the best.:) We used her more on this cruise. We had breakfast in the cabin for 8 days and dinner 5 times. She would get us whatever we wished. Popcorn & chips in the afternoon, more fruit for the blender, mixers, fresh tomatoe juice & lemons. She even remembered that we like big plastic glasses to walk around the ship with, so they were in our cabin each day. If you get a chance, have Carmen as your butler and remember to say Hello for us, Diane & Monty.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Hi Monty,

I was reading your postings before, but had not noticed they were yours. Tehy were great. We'll be on Dawn with you 9/9, and even though we'll be way down in an inside cabin, we're planning on a great cruise. On Celebrity and RC I took a tour of the spa after we went aboard and got some specials. Is there anything like that on Dawn?

Leslie

bardenl,

They give tours the first day and have some specials. They run specials during the week that are posted in the "Freestyle Daily" I do recommend the Hot Stones Massage. Can't wait until September for another.

It's long way until we sail again>

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that PCB (Post Cruise Blues) has set in. We just finished the wash from the cruise. I now have to put away my t-shirts & shorts until next summer. My tan is fading and sweatshirts and heavy coats are in order. Christmas is coming and we still have shopping to do. Hope everyone likes Gift Cards! The house is finally decorated. I froze my butt off on Wednesday, why didn't I do it on November 11th, like my neighbor? We had asked our daughter to bring the Christmas tree up from the basement. I should have asked NCL to do it, because we left our suite one morning and there was a decorated tree in it when we returned.

My back hurts and the Mandara Spa isn't 900 feet away anymore. Carmen is nowhere to be found, I keep dialing 9912 and only get the operator. Gourmet dinners are now, Outback and Chinese. I made Sheperd's Pie the other day because I missed the Blue Lagoon.

Last night I went out to see the guys and had 3 Apple Martinis. Only $6.00 each and a friend bought one and the bartender another. That's one thing I don't miss on the Dawn. Benny your the best, but the buy back is nowhere to be found on the Dawn.

We're going out with 5 couples next Thursday to a nice restaurant and I'm planning it as an "Optional Formal" night.

I want to thank all of you who have checked out this thread and posted on it and to wish all of you the best of times for the Holiday Season.

264 days until we sail the Dawn again

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that PCB (Post Cruise Blues) has set in. We just finished the wash from the cruise. I now have to put away my t-shirts & shorts until next summer. My tan is fading and sweatshirts and heavy coats are in order. Christmas is coming and we still have shopping to do. Hope everyone likes Gift Cards! The house is finally decorated. I froze my butt off on Wednesday, why didn't I do it on November 11th, like my neighbor? We had asked our daughter to bring the Christmas tree up from the basement. I should have asked NCL to do it, because we left our suite one morning and there was a decorated tree in it when we returned.

My back hurts and the Mandara Spa isn't 900 feet away anymore. Carmen is nowhere to be found, I keep dialing 9912 and only get the operator. Gourmet dinners are now, Outback and Chinese. I made Sheperd's Pie the other day because I missed the Blue Lagoon.

Last night I went out to see the guys and had 3 Apple Martinis. Only $6.00 each and a friend bought one and the bartender another. That's one thing I don't miss on the Dawn. Benny your the best, but the buy back is nowhere to be found on the Dawn.

We're going out with 5 couples next Thursday to a nice restaurant and I'm planning it as an "Optional Formal" night.

I want to thank all of you who have checked out this thread and posted on it and to wish all of you the best of times for the Holiday Season.

264 days until we sail the Dawn again

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Monty,

I'm sure you know by our posts that it was our pleasure to read this thread that you so vividly posted while on the Dawn. It was great fun reading as you cruised. I posted a couple of times, but not nearly as eloquently as you. At least you have another cruise planned and I hope you get your 10506 again.

When we were on the second week in December 2003, the same thing happened to us. There was a BIG box outside in the hallway and we couldn't figure out why it was there. When we got back to our room, POOF a Christmas tree had also appeared! It was pretty cool and very pretty.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Archived