carnival excursion cancellation question

iggyc

I don't know about an Allstate gift card. I used a credit card. You can cancel the excursion online easy enough. They say it takes 7-10 business days for it to show up on your statement (they claimed the delay is due to financial institution processing, which is total bull. They take that long so they can make a few more bucks interest on your money).

But if it was a Carnival gift card they supposedly give you a gift card back. Not sure what an Allstate gift card is or how it relates to Carnival.

But if it was a Carnival gift card they supposedly give you a gift card back. Not sure what an Allstate gift card is or how it relates to Carnival.

I believe that OP means that they used a Carnival gift card purchased through the Allstate program.

OP, they will mail you a gift card in the amount of your refund.

OP, they will mail you a gift card in the amount of your refund.

But note that it will take some time to get to you. 4-6 weeks is what they normally quote.

If you're counting on using those funds and your cruise is coming up in the near future, you may want to call and ask to cancel it and have the amount added to your booking as onboard credit. (They absolutely can do it - you may have to talk to a few people to find someone who knows how...)

I don't know about an Allstate gift card. I used a credit card. You can cancel the excursion online easy enough. They say it takes 7-10 business days for it to show up on your statement (they claimed the delay is due to financial institution processing, which is total bull. They take that long so they can make a few more bucks interest on your money).

I work in accounting and that statement made by Carnival is absolutely true. The customer's financial institution is quick to take the money but tell us it can take as long as 14 business days to refund it. I've never had to wait long to receive my refund, usually within a couple days. I don't know how it works, however, with a gift card.

I work in accounting and that statement made by Carnival is absolutely true. The customer's financial institution is quick to take the money but tell us it can take as long as 14 business days to refund it. I've never had to wait long to receive my refund, usually within a couple days. I don't know how it works, however, with a gift card.

I guess I don't understand how every other refund I've ever gotten has been in my account immediately. If I go to a store to return something I can see the refund online before I even leave the store. It seems strange that Carnival would be the exception.

• 2 months later...
But note that it will take some time to get to you. 4-6 weeks is what they normally quote.

If you're counting on using those funds and your cruise is coming up in the near future, you may want to call and ask to cancel it and have the amount added to your booking as onboard credit. (They absolutely can do it - you may have to talk to a few people to find someone who knows how...)

Do you know what department to talk to ? I'm dealing with this right now and whenever I call customer service I get the run around and am getting really frustrated.

Here's some #s that might help you :

General payment questions 1-800-929-6400; Monday - Friday, 8:30am-6:30pm ET; & Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm ET

They can answer your questions about how the refund should be processed and how long it takes on their end to get the refund in the mail.

Online Support for the Carnival website 1-800-845-2599 or by email at esolutionssupport@carnival.com; Monday - Sunday, 8:00am to 10:00pm ET. They will walk you through cancelling or purchasing anything on the website. But can not alter the refund terms of any department.

The land-side Shore Excursion Department will only respond to customers via shoreexcursions@carnival.com, they will also be able to help you cancel the excursion but will have no control over the refund process, but may loop in the Finance Department to possibly alert them that you wish OBC instead of a new gift card due to being close to sailing.