Upgrading WIFI perk

Dayana

Hello all,

Will be sailing on the BA this September. I received the wifi as one of my free perks. However would I be able to upgrade it to the unlimited version when on board for the difference in value? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello all,

Will be sailing on the BA this September. I received the wifi as one of my free perks. However would I be able to upgrade it to the unlimited version when on board for the difference in value? Thanks.

I asked the NCL concierge the same question. They will not give any credit for wifi you have and you must pay the full price to get the unlimited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What about if you use up what you receive as part of your perk, then just buy more when or if that runs out?

If they truly want unlimited wifi to be connected most of the time, they will use up the allocated time quickly and have to purchase the full cost of unlimited also. At that point the perk is a complete waste.

We had a bunch of different packages this year while on the Gem: Free at Sea - 250 minutes Platinum - 100 Minutes and then a Norwegian Selects - 100 minutes. We had to visit the internet manager to activate the Norwegian Select portion.

We were not able to combine our Platinum minutes as they follow the individual not the room but the internet manager was already prepared to upsell us to the unlimited package with a preprinted sheet of what it would be accounting for all the other free internet we already had.

Good luck.

Edited by NoDayButToday00

I find it interesting and others had posted about it, no pricing on BA's internet plan available online ... now that we are within 100 or 90 days, still nothing showing - maybe their I.T. partner/vendor for satellite tech. is getting ready to rollout the newest 3-tiered plan with social media option ??

We have a total of 310 minutes, equivalent of 1,200 MB or 1.2 GB of WiFi data to use onboard while at sea - which, when lightly used & "metered" (and, not streaming) is more than enough.

There's been recent report by other CC'r on either/or the Escape/Getaway, paying a nominal difference to upgrade to the full unlimited plan from their "Free" 250 minutes plan (which is apparently now credited as 1 GB or 1,000 MB as well, like the BA) That's a "reasonable" upsell & supplement to charge, IMO, for allowing one device at a time unlimited access, even if "throttled" at times of peak demand under fair share usage among all users. If the Gem is doing that as well, it's good news. I know that one of our nieces had been able to do that last year on the Getaway - speaking onboard to the internet cafe manager during posted desk/office hours ... do NOT ask NCL customer service as the call center operator can't do it, reading off their scripted replies from Miami or Arizona, etc.

Bermuda bound on the BA, I suggest checking with your home carrier about options, plans & costs while docked on the islands for 2.5 days - it may be more affordable than you think; and, that 1 GB of satellite data while at ship is going to be "enough" for light usage.

I find it interesting and others had posted about it, no pricing on BA's internet plan available online ... now that we are within 100 or 90 days, still nothing showing - maybe their I.T. partner/vendor for satellite tech. is getting ready to rollout the newest 3-tiered plan with social media option ??

We have a total of 310 minutes, equivalent of 1,200 MB or 1.2 GB of WiFi data to use onboard while at sea - which, when lightly used & "metered" (and, not streaming) is more than enough.

There's been recent report by other CC'r on either/or the Escape/Getaway, paying a nominal difference to upgrade to the full unlimited plan from their "Free" 250 minutes plan (which is apparently now credited as 1 GB or 1,000 MB as well, like the BA) That's a "reasonable" upsell & supplement to charge, IMO, for allowing one device at a time unlimited access, even if "throttled" at times of peak demand under fair share usage among all users. If the Gem is doing that as well, it's good news. I know that one of our nieces had been able to do that last year on the Getaway - speaking onboard to the internet cafe manager during posted desk/office hours ... do NOT ask NCL customer service as the call center operator can't do it, reading off their scripted replies from Miami or Arizona, etc.

Bermuda bound on the BA, I suggest checking with your home carrier about options, plans & costs while docked on the islands for 2.5 days - it may be more affordable than you think; and, that 1 GB of satellite data while at ship is going to be "enough" for light usage.

Thanks. I think I will do just that and speak to the Internet cafe manager when onboard. I will also check with my mobile carrier regarding options for wifi service.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Gem this summer and had the wifi package. I upgraded to the unlimited package. The package they give you in the package is 250 minutes which would cost separate is $125. The unlimited package is $175. I went to the Internet cafe and had them give me credit. They gave me a $125 credit, so I paid $50 for unlimited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk