Martita bumped?

Jim Avery

Hi Martita:

Have you ever been bumped from your cruise on Seabourn similar to what has happened to Frequent Traveler as posted on the SeaDream board? Just curious how often SB gets chartered and how they handle booked passengers.

Thanks,

Jim.

Jim, NO I have never been "bumped".......I just read on the Sea Dream board of a couple that suffered a huge "bump!" Didn't sound as if SD Corp. handled it very well. I have a good friend that had several segments booked on Seabourn for next summer. A charter happened. She was notified in ample time to rearrange her bookings. (they even offered to fly her to another ship for the 10 day charter and offered also to keep her luggage in the baggage room)

I try to plan carefully and always check a year in advance as to Seabourn Charters. Yet another reason why I love Crossings.

Charters are here to stay.......for all cruise lines!!:rolleyes:

MB

My friend, Bergen, was also booked on this cruise. He only learned of the cancellation from having read the CC Boards this morning--SeaDream has never contacted him.:mad:

Truth be told, we were booked on a SeaDream cruise with Bergen a few years back, and they cancelled our cruise just a matter of weeks before it was due to sail. We were also never notified by the cruise line---we learned of it from these boards (do you remember that, Bergen?).

Suffice it to say, we have never booked them again.

We're off to Costa Rica tomorrow---will write from onboard the Legend!

Best,

Denyse

Denyse.......Have a most grand time on the beautiful Legend Castle!:p I heard from someone on board that is MOST anxious to see yours and Ken's smiling faces!

Chairsin, Sailor Boy and I will raise our glasses in sycn on Monday, Dec. 5th to our Seabourn Family! (I plan on saying, "there was an old lady from Syberia.......:confused: " just jokin'!)

I shall e-mail you : guest.legend@seabourn.com

It's lookin' at you kid!:D

Hugs,

Martita B.

Thanks, Martha---I think I'll be toasting alot during the 2 weeks onboard ship!

Dan, of course I will send your regards to the hotel manager!!! And I will be toasting you with a BIG glass of cognac!!!:D

Denyse

Bon voyage!

The cancellation we had last time was because of 9.11, and they took both of them into dock. (Because of that we managed to come over and visit you)(it can be cold in SF as well I remember).

We are probably to go on SDI, as long as they are doing something to our air. Have not been discussing it yet, so things can change.

Thank you, Bergen! And yes, I do now recall the circumstances of drydock as the cause (which allowed us to show you our wonderful City). Thanks for keeping me honest! However, we did not learn of the cancellation from SD--I read it on CC and then confirmed it later with our TA.

I guess the mind is the first thing to go....;)

I do like the itinerary better on SDII, however....Give me St. Barts anyday!!

Archived