Accessible room

tm262009

Depends on the scooter, and to get a accessible room you have to plan on 550+ days on most ships. All 3 cruises I have done, I have booked 550 days out to the day. As soon as they open up the reservations you have to be quick it is sad there is only 20+ cabins available on ships like the Vista.

If the ship or itinerary does not matter, just call up Carnival and say you don't care just find a available cabin.

Good luck.

Call Special Needs. Does she just need a modified cabin (wider doors and hand rails), or does she need an accessible cabin? Special Needs will know if one has been booked without filing he appropriate paperwork. They can be bumped.

The doors are 22" wide, but the door does not open flush, making the available space in the doorway around 20". People have reported being able to get a 21" scooter through the doorway. It's a tight squeeze and the arm rests will need to be removed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Vista and my mom was able to get an ADA room for her and her scooter but I will say that on the same floor there were two other standard rooms who had rented their scooters from the ship provided company i think it's called Scoot Around not sure. But they parked theirs right outside the cabin. I know it's not allowed but they didn't have a problem and there was plenty of room to walk around them in the hallway.

We just got off the Vista and my mom was able to get an ADA room for her and her scooter but I will say that on the same floor there were two other standard rooms who had rented their scooters from the ship provided company i think it's called Scoot Around not sure. But they parked theirs right outside the cabin. I know it's not allowed but they didn't have a problem and there was plenty of room to walk around them in the hallway.

Parking scooters in the hallway is a violation of SOLAS regulations. I and many others will report any scooters (strollers, walkers, etc) found sitting in the hallways for more than a few minutes. I value my life and that of others to not report it.

My mother in law needs a mobility scooter to get around and the cruise we are looking to book does not have any accessible rooms available. Will the scooter fit through a regular cabin door?

We were on the Carnival Pride in April 2017. It was the 3rd time I brought my mobility scooter with me. I have a Pride GoGo Elite Traveller Plus. We always choose a standard or extended balcony cabin. I'm able to get around with my cane while inside the cabin, so I don't need an accessible cabin yet. In 2017 it was a standard balcony and I'm able to drive the scooter into the cabin, turn it around to face the door, park it in front of the sofa. DH just removes the armrests which gives me the needed clearance to fit through the door with no problem. It took me a few tries, but I finally mastered driving through the doorway, and now do it with ease. For safety reasons of course, parking a scooter outside of a cabin is not permitted.