Platinum party

Buffettlovertina

A&J, I had to cruise extra to reach platinum when they went from 10 cruises to 75 days.  It's not the end of the world, but I was disappointed when they changed the plan.  I agree that it is difficult to reach 75 days if you are the average working person, possibly with kids as well.  I'm retired now, but hubby is still working, so we still can't just take off whenever we feel like it.  When we both worked & had kids & dogs at home, it wasn't feasible to cruise multiple times per year.  Plus, the nearest port is a 5 hour drive for us.  So, yes, it is difficult for the average joe to reach platinum, much less diamond.

As for bringing a guest to the party, I feel you should be allowed to bring your cabin mate.  If I were traveling with a friend, I probably wouldn't want to leave them behind while I went to the party.  But, what if you're in a cabin with more than one other person?  Should you be allowed to bring everyone or just one person?  I don't know how that should be handled.  Maybe it should just be the platinum person plus one?  I've only been to one p/d party & for me the best part was the fact that the drinks were free.  We didn't go last year because we were off doing something with our travel companions.  Sure, they would have been fine had we gone to the party & then met up with them later.  We just chose not to do so.