Platinum party

Buffettlovertina

I was gold cruising with my mom who is diamond and we both attended. There was only a couple of us that attended. Party held at piano bar after first seating MDR and we were too full for apps and drinks. Finally ordered a cocktail just to appease the wait staff, he looked so happy when I asked for a drink. Captain stated they need diff time since we were full from dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok I looked but couldn't find answer to this. If you are platinum and get invitation to party but your cabin mate is not. what is the protocol? Can you bring them or are they left out? we have two people in our group of twenty that are platinum this cruise but there cabin mate/husband is not. I am the go to girl for info for them but cant seem to find this info... Thanks

Invitation is for the member only, not the cabin. 2 options....A) go by yourself and let the cabin mate find something else to do for an hour or B) don't go and spend more time with your cabin mate. Golds were kicked out of the party a couple of years ago because of the party getting too large.....in large part due to people bringing unauthorized "guests".

We just went to one a couple weeks ago on the Breeze. They did not take our invitations or check our cards when we came in. I know that the lady in front of us was taking her grandson (15ish) and he was gold. Nobody said nothing about it. We left our invitation on the table when we left.

Lack of enforcement on Carnival's part does not make it right or acceptable.

You do know that this is the type of posts that give P&D such a horrible elitist reputation, right?

I'm Platinum and actually think the issue is whether SHOULD Carnival issue a party invitation to just one spouse and exclude the other. It's universally rude to do so.

I could care less if other P&D want to ask Carnival for permission to bring a guest. If they say yes, then the guest is welcome. It's not my call. Permission IS an invitation.

The questions that begs to be asked is "Why are you asking for permission to break the rules in the first place?".

I was gold cruising with my mom who is diamond and we both attended. There was only a couple of us that attended. Party held at piano bar after first seating MDR and we were too full for apps and drinks. Finally ordered a cocktail just to appease the wait staff, he looked so happy when I asked for a drink. Captain stated they need diff time since we were full from dinner

This sounds like you attended the Captain's Diamond Party and not the platinum and diamond appreciation party. The Captain's Diamond Parties that I've been to have been held in a small venue like the piano bar or outside the coffee bar, and had a small number of attendees as you describe. The only exception I saw took place on the Vista repo, when 125 Diamonds attended. (most with a guest)

The P&D party is usually held in the comedy club at the aft of the ship.

Wow, you would think this was an invitation to some meeting where they handed out wads of cash or gave you another cruise. It a 30 minute party that some go to to get drunk, some to speak with the officers of the ship, some because they are "special".

My wife and I are both Plat's, cruise together and never worry about whether the other could go or not BUT if one or the other was not we would take the other no problem... period. Anyone who thinks Carnival is going to exclude a spouse from a party of this type has no idea what guest relations is about. We have been Plat's for years, went when it was golds/Plat/Diamond and it was way to big, you literally had to sit at a bar to get a drink or be lucky.

The last party (Triumph out of NOLA Aug26-Sept2) was about 75-100 people total. Don't know if any were Gold, did not care. Had a few drinks (from the bar), ate a few things, listen to a very shorten film (about 1-2 minutes if that) and talked with a few officers. Nice time and then we left and went out. Will go again in Nov. on the Sunshine and again will not care who is there as I sit at the bar and drink a few drinks....

This sounds like you attended the Captain's Diamond Party and not the platinum and diamond appreciation party. The Captain's Diamond Parties that I've been to have been held in a small venue like the piano bar or outside the coffee bar, and had a small number of attendees as you describe. The only exception I saw took place on the Vista repo, when 125 Diamonds attended. (most with a guest)

The P&D party is usually held in the comedy club at the aft of the ship.

Ok that must been it.been several years and I couldn’t remember the invitation exactly.

Wow, you would think this was an invitation to some meeting where they handed out wads of cash or gave you another cruise. It a 30 minute party that some go to to get drunk, some to speak with the officers of the ship, some because they are "special".

My wife and I are both Plat's, cruise together and never worry about whether the other could go or not BUT if one or the other was not we would take the other no problem... period. Anyone who thinks Carnival is going to exclude a spouse from a party of this type has no idea what guest relations is about. We have been Plat's for years, went when it was golds/Plat/Diamond and it was way to big, you literally had to sit at a bar to get a drink or be lucky.

The last party (Triumph out of NOLA Aug26-Sept2) was about 75-100 people total. Don't know if any were Gold, did not care. Had a few drinks (from the bar), ate a few things, listen to a very shorten film (about 1-2 minutes if that) and talked with a few officers. Nice time and then we left and went out. Will go again in Nov. on the Sunshine and again will not care who is there as I sit at the bar and drink a few drinks....

Past two parties they did not open the bar in the venue. Drinks were being brought in from elsewhere. Was still able to order but only the beer/lemonade table inside.

Past two parties they did not open the bar in the venue. Drinks were being brought in from elsewhere. Was still able to order but only the beer/lemonade table inside.

Huh, past 2-3 parties have always had a bar open. No one sat at it until I plunked myself down and my wife joined me. Rarely grab a beer coming in, have seen many a beer disappear as people are leaving though....

I do remember being at one venue, must have been no more than 20 Plat/Diamonds in attendance and that included several couples (did not know nor asked if one was gold)... there was no bar open but first thing I did was ask for a drink not on the tray and it was promptly brought... and a nice tip kept him coming back! We had shots/drinks and lots of little things to eat the entire time of the "party".

Huh, past 2-3 parties have always had a bar open. No one sat at it until I plunked myself down and my wife joined me. Rarely grab a beer coming in, have seen many a beer disappear as people are leaving though....

I do remember being at one venue, must have been no more than 20 Plat/Diamonds in attendance and that included several couples (did not know nor asked if one was gold)... there was no bar open but first thing I did was ask for a drink not on the tray and it was promptly brought... and a nice tip kept him coming back! We had shots/drinks and lots of little things to eat the entire time of the "party".

Same experience. We've had such a small crowd on some and they brought me three Coors Lights to go.

I always wondered if you went to one of the "small" parties could you bring a "doggie bag"?

No need, you'll have your dog with you at the party. Contact Carnival Specific Needs Department at booking. Not sure if your dog counts as your plus one or not for invitation purposes. Someone will be along shortly to open that can of dog chow I'm sure. j/k

No need, you'll have your dog with you at the party. Contact Carnival Specific Needs Department at booking. Not sure if your dog counts as your plus one or not for invitation purposes. Someone will be along shortly to open that can of dog chow I'm sure. j/k

LOL good one... I have seen a dog at one, in a baby carriage and it had on a dress!

Remember the days of the Past Guest/Patinum/Farewell parties? Man, I used to rack up some drinks. RIP to those days...

They buried the farewell party information in with the upcoming events on the first day events in the fun times. If you didn't see it then it was listed in the small print listing between trivia and dinner. Then they got rid of it because there was no interest. I loved watching the band and the dancing on the stage.

The only problem was the kids took over with their own style of dancing, bumping into the adults. They should have had their own party somewhere else.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

They buried the farewell party information in with the upcoming events on the first day events in the fun times. If you didn't see it then it was listed in the small print listing between trivia and dinner. Then they got rid of it because there was no interest. I loved watching the band and the dancing on the stage.

The only problem was the kids took over with their own style of dancing, bumping into the adults. They should have had their own party somewhere else.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Oh, I remember it well. We never missed the Farewell Party. They would just be dropping drinks off at your table by the end of it. I think the last one we had was on the Liberty before they did away with them....maybe 25 people there out of what 2500 passengers? hahaha. Those days are gone forever.

Except there is no PLUS 1 on the invitations. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

On the Conquest last year it was a complete madhouse. So many people brought guests and it took me 30 minutes to get one drink. They truly should enforce Platinum Diamond only with no additional guests, even spouses. The whole event is only 45 minutes and if you want to go, you can still go on your own for that short period of time. 

My husband spent the half hour of our time "together" trying to order a drink at the bar while I sat at the table alone anyway. 

9 minutes ago, devinc said:

DW is Plat on our upcoming Vista cruise. 

Im a few days behind her but will be on our next voyage.  Will I be able to join her at the Plat gathering or will she need to go solo if she attends?  Thx

It is supposed to be for Platinums and Diamonds only, but I have not seen Carnival enforce this rule lately. Personally I think it should be based on the cruise. If there are a lot of D&Ps on the ship, limit the party to only them. If there are not too many D&Ps on the ship, let people bring their spouse or significant other if they are not a D&P yet. 

28 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It is supposed to be for Platinums and Diamonds only, but I have not seen Carnival enforce this rule lately. Personally I think it should be based on the cruise. If there are a lot of D&Ps on the ship, limit the party to only them. If there are not too many D&Ps on the ship, let people bring their spouse or significant other if they are not a D&P yet. 

Thank you for you reply.  Not sure a drink or two would be worth it anyhow.  Really wanted to see the presentation more than anything.  When we were on Vista in Jan, it looked to be pretty packed (piano bar) so we might pass anyhow.  I guess we get an indication as to how many are on board at embarkation.   Thx