Experience on NCL Breakaway - Pretty funny, pretty annoying.

ARYANJ89

I'm kind of surprised they allowed you keep your appointment with insufficient funds on card. It's the last day of the cruise and you seem to be charging up bills, refusing to answer the phone, and failing to make any effort to pay it prior to the end of the last night. The last thing they want is to be stuck in a situation where they have to hold you up in the morning threatening legal action over your unpaid bill. Next time set up your account with a credit card and it won't be an issue.

That being said we had a somewhat similar issue on our cruise. My bf and I took advantage of a port day special. My bf was finished first and asked me to take care of the bill. When they charged me I saw two port day specials plus gratuity on the bill and signed it. When I got back to the cabin my bf mentioned that he had purchased a couple products as well, and I was surprised they weren't on the bill. About an hour later got a knock on the door and it was the spa personnel wanting us to sign a second bill for the product. No hard feelings, luckily we were still in the cabin so signed it and went about our day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You know, I have turned around numerous times when seeing that line too. Their behavior does cross the line into harassment if you ask me. How they did know where you were eating and what table? Were you at a specialty restaurant on a reservation? If so, I would have told them they can cover the specialty upcharge for interrupting the dinner. They really need to open more lines when guest services backs up like that.

The ship has many cameras, as well as they track everything you swipe. I once spoke with the chief technology guy on board, (myself being a technologist), and essentially everything is low-jacked and stored as data. They basically know EVERYTHING about you.

Wow, right after leaving the spa I would have headed straight for guest services and stayed in line to pay what I owed. "Sniffles" wouldn't keep me from paying my debt, and IF for some reason I had cluelessly decided that I had time to take a nap first, the first phone call would have clued me in that maybe I needed to go take care of my obligations before napping.

To me what's "funny" about this is that I don't find anything funny AT ALL. Annoying, well that's a different story, it's certainly annoying that you, OP, were so inconsiderate, that you didn't/wouldn't take care of your bill immediately after receiving the services which you clearly enjoyed, annoying to the Mandara Spa employee who'd administered the service and NCL who'd provided the vehicle for that provision of service.

What kind of person would accept and enjoy service without providing proper remuneration for it? Pretty petty of you to claim an ailment, and use it to attempt to get out of paying the spa. Your ruse was unveiled and so you paid, good for you, next time do it right.