Ketogenic Diet

globe9

The buffet may be just the area for you , I wouldn't do Keto on a cruise but I have been doing it for the past two years and the Dinner and lunch selections are pretty good for avoiding too many carbs. The omelet station would be perfect for you for breakfast. Most of the main entrees I had for dinner which had meat didn't have too many carby sides. You definitely can manage . I tip my hat to you for attempting to stay in Ketosis while cruising though .

Just how long is it healthy to "stay in ketosis" ? My understanding is that it's not a good thing. Can u explain for me? Just curious -

A common misconception with Keto is mixing up Ketosis with KetoAcidosis which are two separate states Ketoacidosis being a health issue caused for people with diabetes I believe. Ketosis refers to using fat primarily for energy versus glucose and other carbohydrates. I have read stories of people in Ketosis for years at a time , I myself have been in Ketosis for possibly 3 weeks before having a small cheat day and continuing.

I honestly can't list any immediate negatives except for the " keto flu" when first inducing Ketosis which only happens to some people and an increased need to use the bathroom because when you are in Ketosis your body doesn't hold onto water weight as much . I can list quite a few positives though but I'd hate to come off a a crazy Keto evangelist .I will say that in 2 years I have lost over 90 lbs using the diet and before this I had never had success intentionally losing weight . I assumed my " natural size" was 300+ lbs and that couldn't have been further from the truth .

• Like 1

Just tagging on because I lost 75lbs doing low carb (what the kids call keto now) and have kept it off for six years, which exceeds a lot of regain statistics.

That said ... I don't watch my carbs as much when I'm on a cruise, although by about day four I feel both bloated and much hungrier (from all the blood sugar spikes). Once my body has a taste of carbs again it starts nagging me to go get a snack every few hours.

Prior to this I'd been obese since childhood. I'm now a women's size 8/10.