Enchantment and Hurricane Irma

dagunny

SO, minimal damage. Have to toss the refrigerator contents - 2 days no power. Lost 6 banana trees but they multiply like rabbits. Some Clusia bent around. Had 2 banana trees in the pool. House was fine. Thank goodness I put up the hurricane metal shutters before leaving. Train was about empty. Glad for the info posted that it was running.

So, the saga ends. We loved the Enchantment, especially Laura (Concierge) and Melissa (Guest Services). They really maintained their cool in the face of irate customers. They got us on and off quickly on the turn-around day. Many thanks to the Captain and Michael Bayley for letting us stay on. We had a great time on the cruise that never was or Evacuation Cruise. While on board I designed a pin and I will send Laura these to distribute among those that assisted us. They will get T-Shirts as well.

I did get to personally talk with Michael Bayley and gave him some pins including a button for the 8-11 Enchantment Cruise.

I do have to thank him and RCCL for giving us a super rate for booking on the EOTS post Evacuation Cruise and transferring that to Harmony with a complimentary bus xfer. It was our first time on Harmony and it is very clean - almost sterile compared to the others. Loved it!

Finally home, regroup, and get ready for our next one on Friday.

irma-evac-cruise.jpg.66e209a494eaae12631874114230cf65.jpg

SO, minimal damage. Have to toss the refrigerator contents - 2 days no power. Lost 6 banana trees but they multiply like rabbits. Some Clusia bent around. Had 2 banana trees in the pool. House was fine. Thank goodness I put up the hurricane metal shutters before leaving. Train was about empty. Glad for the info posted that it was running.

So, the saga ends. We loved the Enchantment, especially Laura (Concierge) and Melissa (Guest Services). They really maintained their cool in the face of irate customers. They got us on and off quickly on the turn-around day. Many thanks to the Captain and Michael Bayley for letting us stay on. We had a great time on the cruise that never was or Evacuation Cruise. While on board I designed a pin and I will send Laura these to distribute among those that assisted us. They will get T-Shirts as well.

I did get to personally talk with Michael Bayley and gave him some pins including a button for the 8-11 Enchantment Cruise.

I do have to thank him and RCCL for giving us a super rate for booking on the EOTS post Evacuation Cruise and transferring that to Harmony with a complimentary bus xfer. It was our first time on Harmony and it is very clean - almost sterile compared to the others. Loved it!

Finally home, regroup, and get ready for our next one on Friday.

Glad most everything at your home ok. Irma, for many of us could have been much worse.

Matthew cleaned out most of the weak trees. This caused major trimming around power lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums