Enchantment and Hurricane Irma

dagunny

Just curious how did they decide which passengers could stay on and which were forced to debark?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Forums mobile app

I know someone who was told she could stay (and only told Thursday. Initially she said everyone was told they could not stay) and then got a call later saying she couldn't stay and had to leave. The chief of security told her that they would have to kick off 1000 people. And she saw a manifest of at least 500 people who were told they could not stay.

She did say there was a final meeting that she did not stay for at 7:15. Was there a change at that meeting?

Also saw newscast of a honeymoon couple very upset who said they were not allowed to stay onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know how the decision was made for how many people could stay aboard because it did not effect me but what I do know is that you had to sign up at guest services by a certain time. From the time on Tuesday afternoon that the first announcement was made that we were staying in Nassau until 4 PM on Wednesday, missing CocoCay and Key West and returning to Miami at 3 PM on Thursday the line at guest services went all the way back to the elevator lobby. It was like that for most of the rest of the cruise.

Just saw on the news that Port Miami is now open. There are currently 4 ship in or coming in to Port Everglades along with ships carrying fuel.

From the time on Tuesday afternoon that the first announcement was made that we were staying in Nassau until 4 PM on Wednesday, missing CocoCay and Key West and returning to Miami at 3 PM on Thursday the line at guest services went all the way back to the elevator lobby. It was like that for most of the rest of the cruise.

Truth. I decided that purchasing internet for a day and making a couple ship-to-shore calls (that thankfully didn't get charged) was much preferable to standing in that line for precious hours of whatever was left of our cruise.

Truth. I decided that purchasing internet for a day and making a couple ship-to-shore calls (that thankfully didn't get charged) was much preferable to standing in that line for precious hours of whatever was left of our cruise.

I have to agree with you there, although during a hurricane situation giving automatic free wifi to everyone so they could make arrangements should have been a no brainer by RCL.

Tip for future, you can make phone calls over wifi to avoid ship to shore charges.

If RCL did delay porting to be under 24 hours to avoid refunding that is extremely negligent if them, since they were putting their passengers in a lot more danger and giving them less of an ability to get out of Miami.

So, we had booked on the last 3 days on EOTS for a JS at $199. We got a message that we could switch to Harmony out of FLL for 4 nights and get complimentary xfer. No brainer. EOTS was going to remain in port. I believe they just wanted everyone off the ship. Mustered at 19:30 in Boleros. We were first off and got on a bus. Xfer to FLL was quick and saw many blacked areas of Miami. Not much damage did we see. We were checked in around 10:30 after 3 waits in Guest Services lines. Nice JS! Loyalty ambassador said we would get original points for the first EOTS shortened cruise, none for evacuation cruise, and since we paid the $199, 8 for this one. What an experience for a great price!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

So, we had booked on the last 3 days on EOTS for a JS at $199. We got a message that we could switch to Harmony out of FLL for 4 nights and get complimentary xfer. No brainer. EOTS was going to remain in port. I believe they just wanted everyone off the ship. Mustered at 19:30 in Boleros. We were first off and got on a bus. Xfer to FLL was quick and saw many blacked areas of Miami. Not much damage did we see. We were checked in around 10:30 after 3 waits in Guest Services lines. Nice JS! Loyalty ambassador said we would get original points for the first EOTS shortened cruise, none for evacuation cruise, and since we paid the $199, 8 for this one. What an experience for a great price!!!

Nice. How is your home as I see your from Florida.

Nice. I'm assuming many people on Harmony already would have extended as well if they were getting the same deal.

I know someone who was told she could stay (and only told Thursday. Initially she said everyone was told they could not stay) and then got a call later saying she couldn't stay and had to leave. The chief of security told her that they would have to kick off 1000 people. And she saw a manifest of at least 500 people who were told they could not stay.

She did say there was a final meeting that she did not stay for at 7:15. Was there a change at that meeting?

Also saw newscast of a honeymoon couple very upset who said they were not allowed to stay onboard.

That is ridiculous . I can't believe RCi would do that to a customer yet allow non payers on. Totally ridiculous

We asked early and were B2B anyway. Everyone we know that asked were allowed to stay. We even told others about it up until we left and know some that decided on Friday through Tuesday (yesterday) and got to stay because of no flights or hotels so I would question your friends claim. Enchantment crew went above and beyond to satisfy guests. Superb job especially under trying conditions.

Out of curiosity anyone know what Enchantment is doing off coast of FL this evening? Have all the guests and employees disembarked?

Enchantment dropped off everyone earlier in the week once the port of Miami opened. They also cancelled the cruise that was supposed to go out that day since they didn't know when the ship was going to come in because of the blocked channel. Anyone who was going to sail Enchantment was transferred to Harmony.

Enchantment is supposed to sail tomorrow, but has a delayed boarding and departure time.

We asked early and were B2B anyway. Everyone we know that asked were allowed to stay. We even told others about it up until we left and know some that decided on Friday through Tuesday (yesterday) and got to stay because of no flights or hotels so I would question your friends claim. Enchantment crew went above and beyond to satisfy guests. Superb job especially under trying conditions.

I just found another honeymoon couple on Facebook who said she was never told she could stay. So appears there must have been some confusion getting this info out and back and forth about if they could or not.

When did you find out people could stay? Or was it different for you because it was automatic since u were B2B?

Did u realize u could stay on the ship?

Out of curiosity anyone know what Enchantment is doing off coast of FL this evening? Have all the guests and employees disembarked?

MSC, Enchantment, and NCL had to share terminals yesterday, so they played musical ships to accommodate one another. It was fun to watch from my office window.

Did u realize u could stay on the ship?

Do you mean, stay on the ship for Thursday night (for a "normal" Friday morning disembarkation), or do you mean stay on the ship to ride out the hurricane? For the former, I didn't know about that option until after I had modified my hotel reservation. I never knew about the latter option, until dagunny posted this thread.

Whatever day they came out with the shortened info, I believe in Nassau that we asked. We found out they would be boarding RCCL shore staff and families. One has to be proactive when bits of info are disseminated. I'm an OCD A type so I arrive at least 30 minutes early at everything.

On the Harmony only about 1900 guests. No lines. Ship is empty. Home tomorrow and hope TriRail is running. 30 minutes to home. 5 days till Adventure B2B.

TriRail is still not operational. Time to rent a car. Price gouging. $100 from FLL to PBIA with Thrifty. Normally it is $40.

TRI RAIL INFO. We use TRI RAIL all the time. Their website says normal service will resume tomorrow 9/16/17, SATURDAY. It also says free ridership.

I hope you see this before you depart.