Classic car questions

KyRoamer

Having read other threads, I am still with questions.

We have arranged for a six hour tour December 3. We requested a convertible.

Questions are -- do the tops go up, do they have air conditioning and are they comfortable for six people (two couples, driver and guide). Once I have your views I will get in touch with the tour company.

Six hours of sun might be too much. Weatherbase (http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=42287&cityname=Havana-Cuba) reports average temperatures ranging from 65 to 79 degrees and nothing above 88. Still that is a lot of sun and we might want the top up. If so, air conditioning would be nice.

Six hours run about $180 plus $60 for a guide. If taking two couples would be uncomfortable, we can afford the full cost (cheaper than two taking most ship's tours). But if not too uncomfortable, getting to know another couple and sharing costs would be nice.

Anyhow, its been so long since I have been in a car from the 50's or 60's I just don't remember how crowded the back seat was with three adults.

Between two trips and 4 days wandering around Havana, I've not seen a convertible with its top up. Not to say they don't exist, but it isn't common enough to see them.

We had a 59 impala with a/c in July and it was pretty great to keep cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums