Calling all SCUBA divers!

flexsmom

So I posted this on the ports of call board but I suspect most of those people monitoring it haven't been to the locations yet!

Anyhow - my son has his advanced open water diving certification and would like to dive while we're on our Star itinerary next summer that includes Mykonos, Santorini, and Corfu. I've found one dive shop on Mykonos right on Kalafatis Beach that looks promising - W Diving - but haven't found much else, and I'm not getting much communication back from them. Anyone have any experience diving the Greek Islands? We'd prefer to keep Santorini for a land tour, but open to beach days on the other to help facilitate him adding a new "sea" to his list of dive spots!

I know it's a narrow slice of people, but if you're a diver....even if you don't know the answer to the specific question, any recommendations on sites I should peruse to figure this out? Trip Advisor hasn't been much help either.

So I posted this on the ports of call board but I suspect most of those people monitoring it haven't been to the locations yet!

Anyhow - my son has his advanced open water diving certification and would like to dive while we're on our Star itinerary next summer that includes Mykonos, Santorini, and Corfu. I've found one dive shop on Mykonos right on Kalafatis Beach that looks promising - W Diving - but haven't found much else, and I'm not getting much communication back from them. Anyone have any experience diving the Greek Islands? We'd prefer to keep Santorini for a land tour, but open to beach days on the other to help facilitate him adding a new "sea" to his list of dive spots!

I know it's a narrow slice of people, but if you're a diver....even if you don't know the answer to the specific question, any recommendations on sites I should peruse to figure this out? Trip Advisor hasn't been much help either.

Tell your son to join PADI - I'm guessing he probably already is a member and you are doing research on the side, which is awesome. Check out their site: https://www.padi.com/scuba-vacations/greece

These are SCUBA vacations, but he should be able to find a shop. Enjoy!

Tell your son to join PADI - I'm guessing he probably already is a member and you are doing research on the side, which is awesome. Check out their site: https://www.padi.com/scuba-vacations/greece

These are SCUBA vacations, but he should be able to find a shop. Enjoy!

Thank you! He is a member, yes - it didn't occur to me to look via PADI. His only experiences have been Caribbean - Tortola and surrounding areas to be specific - which are now decimated just a few weeks after his last trip. Very sad. I've read there isn't as much wild life in Greece, but the water is spectacularly clear, so I'm sure he'll enjoy it either way.