Gratuities

Ginny10

Where I come from tipping is VERY VERY rare.....but that is not the point.

Tipping is optional and I do not think it is right to tell people they have to tip!

Again the cruiseline and its employees choose to gamble on the tips because most people overtip - else they would instantly change the system!

Advocating to tip is fine.....but calling people that do not want to be part of this game they are immoral is totally out of line.....

Again the tipping system is set up the way it is because even if some remove their tips.....everybody is still making more money than without the system!

The guilt trip works nicely - as it is designed to stiff most passengers !:halo:

Well said, it's so sad that some people have been completely brainwashed into paying tips as a standard practice "just because".

The fact that some people even prepay their tips before they even start receiving any service is even more hilarious.

Well said, it's so sad that some people have been completely brainwashed into paying tips as a standard practice "just because".

The fact that some people even prepay their tips before they even start receiving any service is even more hilarious.

Your either a troll or you've never cruised, shame on you for thinking that is acceptable.

Your either a troll or you've never cruised, shame on you for thinking that is acceptable.

Why is troll such a buzz word here lately? I'm not allowed to have my own opinion?

Nobody tips me for doing my job regardless to which level I complete it so why should I echo the same sentiments to others? I don't care what industry it is.

I've paid my cruise fare and I shouldn't be made to feel guilty to start paying some of the workers wages too.

Why is troll such a buzz word here lately? I'm not allowed to have my own opinion?

Nobody tips me for doing my job regardless to which level I complete it so why should I echo the same sentiments to others? I don't care what industry it is.

I've paid my cruise fare and I shouldn't be made to feel guilty to start paying some of the workers wages too.

I guess that you are surviving well on a total income of US$50 per month, eh? Is it difficult paying all your expenses out of $600 a year income? I applaud you for doing so well on that amount of money.

How do you afford to cruise pray tell?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

As that was your post #3 you have to accept peoples suspicions until you have posted a lot more and people get your character.

HI Ginny and welcome to the forum. I can't believe your question has provoked some unreasonable replies and hope it hasn't put you off.

We always leave the auto grats in place as the staff work so hard and so many behind the scenes etc miss out. We have always given extra to our room steward, waiter in MDR and a fav barman/woman. I'm from UK and reading about UK passengers withdrawing their tips just makes me feel very sad and I would absolutely hate for the fabulous staff on the ship to think I wouldn't be tipping in appreciation of the superb service they give us with being from UK.

I hope you and your family have a great trip.