Regal Princess - Marina Deck - Cabin Square Footage on Deck Plans

mthomp5

i was comparing square footage of some of the mini suites on the Regal Princess Marina deck and it didn't make sense to me. For example M228 (mid-forward) shows 329 sq ft on the deck plan but four doors down, another mid-forward mini suite (M216) only shows 319 sq ft.

Also the mid ship minis (M424) says it has 319 sq ft when I know those cabins have bigger balconies. And R428 (mid ship mini just below M424) says it has 329 sq ft which is the same square footage as M228 (mid forward).

I'm assuming the square footage indicated on the deck plan includes balcony space. Is M228 somehow bigger than some of the other mid forward mini suites and the same size as some of the mid ship minis?

I can't answer specifically, but there are many cases where that square footage number on the deck plans is def. not correct.

And, just in case anyone is not aware... those larger cabins on the bump-out, on the Marina Deck, are called the Peek-a-Boo cabins, because those on the Sea Walk can look right down into them.

I can't answer specifically, but there are many cases where that square footage number on the deck plans is def. not correct.

And, just in case anyone is not aware... those larger cabins on the bump-out, on the Marina Deck, are called the Peek-a-Boo cabins, because those on the Sea Walk can look right down into them.

LOL! Peek-a-Boo cabins! I love it! 😊

Yeah, I think you're right...the square footage on the deck plan is probably not correct. Or else it would have to be some kind of room one would find in a Harry Potter movie where space/rooms magically appear. 😄

The deck plan sq. footage is approximate and includes the balcony. On the Royal & Regal almost all mini suites have the same size interiors, which is right around 290 sq.ft. There are a few, for example M101 to M108 that are different.

The differences you mention out are most likely errors.

The deck plan sq. footage is approximate and includes the balcony. On the Royal & Regal almost all mini suites have the same size interiors, which is right around 290 sq.ft. There are a few, for example M101 to M108 that are different.

The differences you mention out are most likely errors.

Thank you! Yeah, I agree most likely errors.

I was trying to determine if it was worth it for me to move cabins under 3 for free since all cabins in the same category are the same price (except for club class which is slightly higher). I think we will stay put in my current mid forward mini even though it doesn't have the extra square footage that's listed on the deck plan. 😜

"Peek A Boo" cabins...... that's funny ! I like to have a private balcony, even though we just sit on our balcony and would never think of behaving inappropriately. LOL.

Maybe I'll start a thread about this topic........how does one determine at the time of booking, from a deck plan, which balconies are Peek-A-Boo and which balconies are covered?

There are good resources here about covered and un-covered balconies if one wants to search.

The lower mid-ship cabins on the Royal and Regal are fine, and would have the larger balcony without being directly under the Sea Walk. I would love one on Dolphin... Since I am looking for more privacy and hopefully quiet, I decided I did not want one of those larger bump-out balconies on Emerald, since they are directly overlooking the (uncovered) Promenade area just below.