The best loyalty programs

SaltyBrat

IMHO you are going at this from the wrong side. All cruise lines offer some type of loyalty program. Some are better than others in terms of what you get. But to get anything you will have to make a significant investment in cruising with that line. You want it to be a line you like. You may go on a celebrity cruise thinking they will be your line, only to find out you don't like the ships or they are consistently pushing your budget in terms of price.

We simply went on cruises with a variety of companies; and still pick them based on the cost and length. But we have a couple favorites and try to book with those lines when it makes sense.

And depending on how much you cruise not all programs are equal. Right now I prefer Norwegian. In a few more cruises we will have some perks of value from the loyalty program. We also cruise celebrity but since we don't book high level rooms, I don't see us ever getting to a level that gets more than a free ice cream, so I book with them a bit less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal/Celebrity/Azamara has my vote. There program covers all three lines giving you lots options; ship sizes and itineraries.

Azamara is new to me, their itineraries look very interesting, non traditional. Nice all three share!

Thank you.

Food and service are top notch. Ships both refurbished in 2016. The only drawback for us is the smaller bathroom in the standard stateroom. We have sailed with them twice and have one additional booked. We really like the smaller ship and the drinks are included.

With Princess, we usually book early and get the free beverage package (includes all beer, wine, alcohol, sodas, coffee, tea, etc..) Must be $10 or less per drink. The OBC we get most or all of our onboard expenses, So our account at the end of the cruise is neer zero..

Food and service are top notch. Ships both refurbished in 2016. The only drawback for us is the smaller bathroom in the standard stateroom. We have sailed with them twice and have one additional booked. We really like the smaller ship and the drinks are included.

How would you rate the evening tours of the ports of call? This caught my attention on their website and I'm curious how well it's done.

How would you rate the evening tours of the ports of call? This caught my attention on their website and I'm curious how well it's done.

I see that you have booked a cruise for 2018. I have neither heard of the *Market Scene. Is this a themed cruise/destination or something else entirely?

From your signature page: *Crystal Bach - Rhine Christmas Markets 2018 Booked

The RCI balcony discount varies by tier level. As Bob pointed out before it goes as high as $375.00. Celebrity does not offer any balcony discount, however.

I think RCI's rooms give the most space and comfort for the price already, I would prefer one for Celebrity, that's too bad.

IMHO you are going at this from the wrong side. All cruise lines offer some type of loyalty program. Some are better than others in terms of what you get. But to get anything you will have to make a significant investment in cruising with that line. You want it to be a line you like. You may go on a celebrity cruise thinking they will be your line, only to find out you don't like the ships or they are consistently pushing your budget in terms of price.

We simply went on cruises with a variety of companies; and still pick them based on the cost and length. But we have a couple favorites and try to book with those lines when it makes sense.

And depending on how much you cruise not all programs are equal. Right now I prefer Norwegian. In a few more cruises we will have some perks of value from the loyalty program. We also cruise celebrity but since we don't book high level rooms, I don't see us ever getting to a level that gets more than a free ice cream, so I book with them a bit less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone here mentioned they book with a chosen online TA that gives a free cruise after so many bookings, this way they can travel on any ship. I think this is a smart way to do this, as there are so many ships to try out.

Sounds wonderful, and quaint, and I hear Germany does Christmas like no other. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

I see that Prague also does a Christmas Market. I like the idea of Prague more than the Rhine. Thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to see Prague!

Do you know if Princess or celebrity expires?

No expiration on Celebrity.

And BTW to your other post, the Celebrity balcony staterooms are as large or larger than the similar category staterooms on RCI. As to a good value with each, that would be relative to season, ship, and itinerary with regards to pricing.

It would be nice if Celebrity also offered a balcony discount. But even though the tier benefits between RCI and Celebrity are reciprocal, each program is structured separately and have their differences.

No expiration on Celebrity.

And BTW to your other post, the Celebrity balcony staterooms are as large or larger than the similar category staterooms on RCI. As to a good value with each, that would be relative to season, ship, and itinerary with regards to pricing.

It would be nice if Celebrity also offered a balcony discount. But even though the tier benefits between RCI and Celebrity are reciprocal, each program is structured separately and have their differences.

Yes, they certainly are, as my first cruise with celebrity was with balcony. Right now I'm focusing in on a 14 day cruise for next year, so I'm interested in the points. My cruising experience is quite limited, so I doubt any points will make a difference, but if all goes well, they'll add up.

Thank you for your time, this site is wonderful.