Get your Premier Beverage Package at a special price!

adcondon68

I received the following email today from Princess. Seems to me a some Aussies have been, or might be thinking about cancelling their up and coming cruises due to the changes, and this might be a way of getting them to stay.

I still don't understand why when they offer a Sip and Sale promotion that it's not a global promotion and not just for US passengers who happen to be sailing in the same parts of the world as others without the package. It means that as a couple who likes to relax and drink that I'm paying AUD$3354 more for a cruise than a couple from the US. I find this extremely unfair just because of where you live. I feel as though it should be classed as Geographical Discrimination.

Anyway here is a copy of the email.

We are excited and looking forward to hosting you on your upcoming cruise!

Prior to sailing we wanted to update you that we've recently made some adjustments to our Beverage Package Options. The All-inclusive Beverage Package has been discontinued and it has been replaced with the new Premier Beverage Package which will be available on your upcoming voyage.

The new Premier Beverage Package will retail for $86.99 AUD per person per day. However, to celebrate the launch of the new Premier Beverage Package, we have an exclusive deal available to guests who are already booked on a cruise departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Purchase your Premier Beverage Package before the 31st of October 2017 and pay a discount rate of $77 AUD* per person per day.

The new Premier Beverage Package, offers several new benefits. For instance, all beer, wine by the glass, and cocktails up to $16 AUD are included, compared to the previous limit of $14 AUD.

In addition we will continue to serve unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, including bottled water (500ml), fountain sodas, fresh juices (when available), specialty coffees and teas and Red Bull energy drinks. Conveniently the beverage package can be used at all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service.

The new package also includes a 25% discount on ALL bottles of wine (regardless of the price), as well as one-liter bottles of water and bottled juices. Plus, if you are dining at one of our specialty dining venues, you can enjoy a large one-liter bottle of water, either still or sparkling at no charge.

If you already purchased the discontinued All-Inclusive Beverage Package, prior to the 21st of September 2017, this will be automatically replaced with the new Premier Beverage Package at no additional charge.

To see the full terms and conditions, visit princess.com

To take advantage of the limited time offer, visit the Cruise Personalizer on princess.com or call our customer service line at 1300 550 748.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

I still don't understand why when they offer a Sip and Sale promotion that it's not a global promotion and not just for US passengers who happen to be sailing in the same parts of the world as others without the package. It means that as a couple who likes to relax and drink that I'm paying AUD$3354 more for a cruise than a couple from the US. I find this extremely unfair just because of where you live. I feel as though it should be classed as Geographical Discrimination.

Perhaps next time you could just book with a US travel agent to avail yourself of any offers? Despite being UK based we have booked through US agents before to get the same deals US customers get

I understand it is only for Australia-based voyages. Is the price also applicable to non-Australia based voyage as long as booked with Australia travel agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you answered your question in your first sentence

"cruise departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.."

Perhaps next time you could just book with a US travel agent to avail yourself of any offers? Despite being UK based we have booked through US agents before to get the same deals US customers get

Please tell me how you managed this because when I have tried I've always been advised it isn't possible with Princess as they won't allow UK clients to book this way!

Please tell me how you managed this because when I have tried I've always been advised it isn't possible with Princess as they won't allow UK clients to book this way!

Agree - we have tried to use an agent in the USA and they have always said that they can't do it for Princess.

Ditto as we have never managed to be able to link into a US TA without a USA address. Even as the Aussies have said and they are peeved at the cost of the same cruise unfairness to what the States can get, we in the land of Pom get even a worse deal. :mad:

Ditto as we have never managed to be able to link into a US TA without a USA address. Even as the Aussies have said and they are peeved at the cost of the same cruise unfairness to what the States can get, we in the land of Pom get even a worse deal. :mad:

I even had a US address, and bank account. But as soon as I gave my passport details that was it!

I even had a US address, and bank account. But as soon as I gave my passport details that was it!

Passport is probably not relevant here. I'm a green card holder and am resident here in the US with a UK passport. I'm able to book under the US promos despite not having a US passport. I suspect that the green card might be the relevant document here.

Before you even start a booking, telephone princess USA tell them you are now based in USA and transfer your captain circle numbers to the US address. That's it simple. I have switched back and forth on a number of occasions and it's as easy as that. Once you move to the US based captain circle number you can book with any US travel agent. Saying all that it's cheaper to book in the UK than the US at the moment,so I'm surprised US based passengers are booking through the UK