Blue Room Cave and Beach Hopping Shore Excursioneer

rjm11

Thank you so much for coming back with the update. That’s a bummer it didn’t turn out as planned, but so cool that you got to swim with turtles. If they can take you so quickly back to the ship by boat, I wonder why they force you to do a 1hr drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The captain actually suggested the drop off near the cruise dock at the beginning of the day, so maybe that's standard if it's all cruise passengers for that day. He said it would save over an hour; and with those rough seas it was more than that! The drop off point was about a 10 minute walk back to the cruise dock, over the scenic floating bridge and through the fort at the port. It's a beautiful port area.

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone wondering what the blue room is like I made a video of it. Out of 5 cruises, I think this was literally the most awesome excursion we have dome. Here is the video

So cool! Great job on the video. There were so many fish, that’s awesome!

Did you use a gopro for the whole thing (even the out of water part?). Also, did you use a gimbal? A red filter? How did you attach the camera under water? I want to make sure I have all the right gear.

So cool! Great job on the video. There were so many fish, that’s awesome!

Did you use a gopro for the whole thing (even the out of water part?). Also, did you use a gimbal? A red filter? How did you attach the camera under water? I want to make sure I have all the right gear.

Yes, I use gopro for in and out of water. No filters. All of the attachments I use are from gopro as well, I use their stabilizer and floater attachment for in water shots.

I made a video of the entire cruise, it was from the Vista, there were other things we did in Curacao that were pretty awesome as well, you can find that video on my youtube page.

Yes, I use gopro for in and out of water. No filters. All of the attachments I use are from gopro as well, I use their stabilizer and floater attachment for in water shots.

I made a video of the entire cruise, it was from the Vista, there were other things we did in Curacao that were pretty awesome as well, you can find that video on my youtube page.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

• 1 month later...