Royal Caribbean - current promotions

Hocus

Hello,

I am not an experienced cruiser, so I need some advice and in the past this forum was very helpful, so I hope this time also :D.

We've sailed once with NCL Epic (2014) and once with Celebrity Equinox (2016).

I live in Belgium and there is an interesting sale going on now, do you think that I need to book now or does Royal Carribean increased their prices before the promotion ? I am looking for a sailing next year december in the Caribbean.

So what is your advice ?

Virtually all of the current sales are fake sales. You may see occasional good deals, like the recent "kids sail free", but most of the time the prices don't change much due to the fake sales.

1. Booking earlier is usually better than booking later, but there are plenty of examples of good pricing here and there up until sailing.

2. Research, research, research. Look at many cruise lines for the itinerary you want, if you compare many sailings for itinerary/perks/time of year you'll get an idea of where your comfort pricing range should be.

3. Know your budget. Once you establish what you are willing to pay, pay little attention to what ANY cruise line calls a "sale". Whatever it is, the end price is the end price. If you are comfortable spending $4000 for a cruise and after research a particular cruise is worth that to you, in the end it matters ZERO whether they call it a 50% off $8000 sale or a $4000 normal price.

I have booked for next December and also going to the Caribbean.

I booked my cruise in April and I look almost every day to see how many suite rooms are left (just being curious to how quickly or slowly the sell).

The price at the moment is almost £2000 more than when I booked earlier in the year because it is including the deluxe drink package.

Since the time I booked and now the price has fluctuated many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums