Have you utilized Holland Air?

Lyndihop

Does HAL’s Air program allow you to fly into the departure port several days before cruise departure? We want 6 days in Sydney prior to the cruise.

Yes it does. We are arriving before the cruise as well as staying post cruise.

We have not used HAl's cruise air but we certainly would ask for a quote if we needed it. We do, however, much prefer the ability to get into a cruise air program on line and see the various prices and routes that are offered.

We have never found cruise air, any cruise lines, in North America to be advantageous. We have always eitehr done better on our own or used points. Worse for Australia. We did much better on our own.

Same for return air to Europe. Our experience on one ways to Europe is maybe. We have used cruise air of one ways but we have usually been able to get competitive one ways to Europe in the marketplace on own own.

Our bottom line is why not try cruise air. The worst that will happen is that you turn it down. Just be aware that when you buy cruise air you may get fare codes going from essentially consolidator class right up to regular economy or J class tickets. It can make a difference if your timing is tight or there are the potential of weather delays on your journey.

Kazu, yes, we were able to pay for the airfare separately. We will not pay for the cruise until right before the deadline for final payment. I double checked yesterday and our requested seats are still assigned to us.

As soon as we paid for the fares, HAL issued us a document which showed the actual airline ticket numbers for each of us.

A bit of an exaggeration? The USPTO indicates that HAL's first documented (proven) use of "Flight Ease" as a service mark was 12/17/2012.

Nope, no exaggeration. HAL was doing flights long before 2012. Wasn't called flight ease back then but there were certainly flights arranged. We did it in 1990 for our sailing on the old N Amsterdam.

sometimes when you do research, you need to go a bit deeper than a registered name ;) or just believe a few people that post here ;)

Nope, no exaggeration. HAL was doing flights long before 2012. Wasn't called flight ease back then but there were certainly flights arranged. We did it in 1990 for our sailing on the old N Amsterdam.

sometimes when you do research, you need to go a bit deeper than a registered name ;) or just believe a few people that post here ;)

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers, but I wasn't questioning whether or not you had used HAL's flight booking service for more than 2 decades. Rather I was pointing out that the HAL flight booking service you did use was not called "Flight Ease" (as you clearly indicated in one of your earlier Posts) because that service mark has only been used by HAL since 2012. Apparently my attempt at humor was off target and missed the mark with you.

And thank you for your advice about going "a bit deeper" when researching a matter. Although that was not a problem this time, I will try to keep that in mind in the future.

Smooth sailing :):):)

Edited by avian777