Should I work for a higher VIFP tier or try other cruise lines?

Joebucks

Explore. Carnival has a terrible loyalty program. Some Diamond perks are a slap in the face. No way I'm working towards Diamond with Carnival. Carnival has a history of taking perks away. I'm trying to be loyal with Royal, they have a much better loyalty program. It blows Carnival's out of the water ;). Try other lines now, I regret waiting a decade to try Royal.

Still waiting.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

btw when I said above that Carnival was a awesome choice to Alaska .. I meant they seem to be the only line that cruises up some flord? inlet and the first half you see whales and the second half birds and other wildlife. If you listened tothe naturalist you could pick out the strata where the glaciers had gone. We hit a glorious sunny day and went almost right up to the glacier that other lines dont go to. For about $150 you could take a little boat and go all the way up where there were seals? laying around and see things close up, though the ship went very close but not right up to the glacier. It might not always be able to make that passage, I think it depends on the weather. I didnt see the birds, but others did, forget what they were, but I saw plenty of humpback whales both directions, tons of them.

There is another port with a excursion to a glacier, including one where you can walk on it. I got off the ship where there is a booth and for about $7 each way you can take a bus to the park and hike at your own pace, not Carnivals. I hiked up to the waterfall, it was pouring rain, luckily had a poncho. Its over a mile each way but worth it even in the rain, lotsa of nature to see, humongous mushrooms and all kinds of things along that trail. some shorter trails. But I wouldnt have had time to make it to the falls had I gone on Carnvals excursion that day. One little trail let to a salmon stream where there were tons of salmon. its a national park, extra to do the inside part. but hiking was free. I wasnt sure i could make it all the way to the falls but I surprised myself. i probably hiked over 3 miles that day in the pouring rain, but still worth seeing the glaciers closer up on foot and other things there.

Take Carnival to Alaska, you wouldnt be sorry. .. even though we hit one glorious sunny day for the carnival ship to see some glacier... and then the next port the worst rain they had seen all summer. You dont even have to pay for a excursion to see whales, you can see lots from the itinerary that Carival does that other lines dont.

I think the fjord you are thinking of is college fjord where the glaciers are all named after colleges.

Sent from my iPad using Forums